Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats not a major stadium - its going to have a capacity of 15,000. Not that it matters, at this point not one part of that stadium has been built since it was announced, and it was approved in March by council after being announced three years ago. Its quite the joke amonst actual watchers of industry and aleague.

edit: apparently there has been some movement

Last edited:

Do people think it's a bad idea to bring in a Tassie team when AFL crowds are plummeting or do people think it will only improve when we come out of Covid?

Do people think it's a bad idea to bring in a Tassie team when AFL crowds are plummeting or do people think it will only improve when we come out of Covid?
Very few people in Tassie are going to give a * about covid when they've got their own team to go an watch.

Very few people in Tassie are going to give a * about covid when they've got their own team to go an watch.
What sort of crowd do you think the game in Hobart will get tomorrow?.... I know it's not our own team but it would still be good to see us support the game in Tasmania.

What sort of crowd do you think the game in Hobart will get tomorrow?.... I know it's not our own team but it would still be good to see us support the game in Tasmania.
Totally not relevant at all. You'd have to pay me to go and watch North Melbourne atm.

I don't want to support the game. I want to support Tasmania.

Totally not relevant at all. You'd have to pay me to go and watch North Melbourne atm.

I don't want to support the game. I want to support Tasmania.
I fully understand what you are saying but I just feel Hobart's low AFL crowds will still be used against them when it comes to hosting games for our own team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fully understand what you are saying but I just feel Hobart's low AFL crowds will still be used against them when it comes to hosting games for our own team.
Ultimately I don't think it will be. Every man and his dog saw the response from Tassie footy lovers last season when the big teams hit Launceston with the rescheduled AFL fixtures. They'd have to be aware that support would of translated to Hobart if those games were played there.

If you had a team worth watching down here people would go.
Hopefully
Ultimately I don't think it will be. Every man and his dog saw the response from Tassie footy lovers last season when the big teams hit Launceston with the rescheduled AFL fixtures. They'd have to be aware that support would of translated to Hobart if those games were played there.
Hobart just keep getting the lower drawing games which is unfortunately a bad look for the city.

If people can't understand why Hobart is getting low crowds when it is dished up crumbs (like NM v Adelaide today) then they are beyond help.

If people can't understand why Hobart is getting low crowds when it is dished up crumbs (like NM v Adelaide today) then they are beyond help.
A balmy 10 degrees in Hobart and a heavyweight clash between North melbourne and Adelaide. If I was a neutral supporter I couldn't think of anything better to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Hobart is getting the grand spectacle of 15 vs 18 today, between two clubs with 5 wins between them and probably 39 supporters combined in the state.
Why would a neutral go and watch that?
I've never understood the implied "big picture" argument that is implied here either - ie if Tasmanians want an AFL side they need to go and support the dross that is being dished up to them at present.
Since when do supporters (of clubs or the game in general) attend matches simply to push the "big picture"?

Last edited:
It
Hobart is getting the grand spectacle of 15 vs 18 today, between two clubs with 5 wins between them and probably 39 supporters combined in the state.
Why would a neutral go and watch that?
I've never understood the implied "big picture" argument that is implied here either - ie if Tasmanians want an AFL side they need to go and support the dross that is being dished up to them at present.
Since when do supporters (of clubs or the game in general) attend matches simply to push the "big picture"?
Would have to be Hobart's lowest ever AFL crowd today.I knew it would be a low crowd but considering North has nearly 6000 Tassie members it is still very poor.

Premier goes into bat again. Saying it is now or never.

interesting, he mentions the Jackjumpers a lot. he mentions them as a success and that, if the AFL does not act, the Next Richo could easily be shooting hoops instead.

Gemba research from 2019 indicated that by the end of the current decade basketball fanaticism levels will have just about drawn level with AFL in the state — and this research was before the Jackjumpers, so it could actually happen sooner than that.

Not giving us a team will probably have a similar result to not giving Canberra a team in the 80s, but with basketball instead of rugby the threat this time.

Premier goes into bat again. Saying it is now or never.

interesting, he mentions the Jackjumpers a lot. he mentions them as a success and that, if the AFL does not act, the Next Richo could easily be shooting hoops instead.
How dare the minions of Tasmania question his Royal Highness King Eddie.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back