Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$2M a game might work as an average perhaps, but that doesn't mean they're all worth the same, or that an additional match would have the media rights go up by that amount.

Or are you suggesting that Collingwood V Essendon on ANZAC day is worth as much to the media (and advertisers) as GWS V North on Sunday afternoon?

What media rights are worth depends on how many eyeballs they get. Do you think a Tas team will add 5% to the total number of games/hours watched across the year?

And it's not just the total number of hours watched. A big majority of the TV rights come from Foxtel/Kayo subscriptions and there must be a large law of diminishing return in play. 11 extra games from Tasmania or anywhere else is unlikely to drive up their subscription revenue anywhere near the percentage increase in games.

his name is go and google it for yourself
You continually ask for a source. If your not prepared to provide a link it’s looked upon as a lie. It’s either a lie and you can’t back up your claim or your to lazy to provide one or a troll looking for an argument. Your a mod & you should know this. This information would have been provided by higher up moderators. So unless a link is forthcoming I’d expect you to delete this comment.

$2M a game might work as an average perhaps, but that doesn't mean they're all worth the same, or that an additional match would have the media rights go up by that amount.

Or are you suggesting that Collingwood V Essendon on ANZAC day is worth as much to the media (and advertisers) as GWS V North on Sunday afternoon?

What media rights are worth depends on how many eyeballs they get. Do you think a Tas team will add 5% to the total number of games/hours watched across the year?

And it's not just the total number of hours watched. A big majority of the TV rights come from Foxtel/Kayo subscriptions and there must be a large law of diminishing return in play. 11 extra games from Tasmania or anywhere else is unlikely to drive up their subscription revenue anywhere near the percentage increase in games.
Waiting for your sources from industry experts who refute the article I referenced. Pretty sure the "nearly 2 million dollar per game' figure already accounts for this because 473 million divided by 207 games is well over 2 million.

But keep trying your hardest, guys, you're doing really well :):thumbsu:

Waiting for your sources from industry experts who refute the article I referenced. Pretty sure the "nearly 2 million dollar per game' figure already accounts for this because 473 million divided by 207 games is well over 2 million.

But keep trying your hardest, guys, you're doing really well :):thumbsu:

You want references for the bleeding obvious?

Do you need a reference to say the sun will rise tomorrow?

Okay I bothered to do the reading that nobody else did. Colin Carter and his media advisors estimate the 11 games will be worth 17 million a year, which will offset the cost of the team to the AFL. The AFL initially seemed to disagree with this according to the Carter report, but seems to have come around to it recently based on the sources I provided.

Also Robbo said "He’s a smart man, Gil. He’s asked the various networks to table a bid with a Tasmanian team and table a bid without one. The extra millions bounced off the pages". I am assuming Colin Carter's estimate to be the most accurate because Gil has now seemingly adopted it as part of his argument FOR a Tasmanian team.

Also, all the broadcasters are being asked to file a bid based on a 19th team and one based on 18 teams. So I doubt they will be short changing the extra 11 games considering it is a bidding war.

You continually ask for a source. If your not prepared to provide a link it’s looked upon as a lie. It’s either a lie and you can’t back up your claim or your to lazy to provide one or a troll looking for an argument. Your a mod & you should know this. This information would have been provided by higher up moderators. So unless a link is forthcoming I’d expect you to delete this comment.

Yoiu can expect what you like.

I cant find the source at present, that doesnt make me a liar. It means I havent the time to go baclk and find it.

While I may ask for sources, I dont call people liars who dont supply them.

I cant find the source at present, that doesnt make me a liar. It means I havent the time to go baclk and find it.

You can't find a source because the facts don't match up with your opinion.

The only source you will find that remotely backs up what you are saying is a throw away estimate given to Colin Carter over a year ago by the AFL in his report, which Carter and his media sources refute. Then it seems to have been refuted also by the broadcasters also and the AFL now is more inline with Colin Carter. From all reports the AFL seems to think the extra 11 games of revenue will offset any distribution Tasmania will get from the AFL.

If you can find a recent source that says otherwise, then okay.

The only source you will find that remotely backs up what you are saying is a throw away estimate given to Colin Carter over a year ago by the AFL in his report, which Carter and his media sources refute. Then it seems to have been refuted also by the broadcasters also and the AFL now is more inline with Colin Carter. From all reports the AFL seems to think the extra 11 games of revenue will offset any distribution Tasmania will get from the AFL.

If you can find a recent source that says otherwise, then okay.

I sincerely hope they do (Tasmania) get in for your sake Jaz.

You seem like a very passionate and intelligent footy fan who deserves to have their own team from their own state to support and cheer for !

Best of luck for Monday (when the decision is made)

I previously stated reasons why Tasmania shouldn't have a team (yet) but to hell with it, you and the other passionate Tassie footy fans here have changed my mind with how deeply and strongly you want a team. I think the AFL and other clubs can make honestly make it work !!!

🙏🙏🙏

I sincerely hope they do (Tasmania) get in for your sake Jaz.

You seem like a very passionate and intelligent footy fan who deserves to have their own team from their own state to support and cheer for !

Best of luck for Monday (when the decision is made)

I previously stated reasons why Tasmania shouldn't have a team (yet) but to hell with it, you and the other passionate Tassie footy fans here have changed my mind with how deeply and strongly you want a team. I think the AFL and other clubs can make honestly make it work !!!

🙏🙏🙏
Thanks! I am not sure how many layers of trolling and irony we are in right now but I hope Carlton still make the finals too! Paddy Cripps to 20 & 3 today! 🙏

Thanks! I am not sure how many layers of trolling and irony we are in right now but I hope Carlton still make the finals too! Paddy Cripps to 20 & 3 today! 🙏

did-we-just-become-best-friends-did-we-just-become-best-friends-meme.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guaranteed Thursday night game every week is we’re the majority of extra income comes from having 19 teams something the networks want every week

I don't want Thursday every week it's overkill. Two out of every three weeks is a nice balance. About 15 rounds of Thursday night's.

You will notice w

You will notice with him when he gets presented with information in posts that show his not accurate he will just not respond to the posts .

its not so much that as i dont want arguments with me to take over threads.

I cant find the source at this time. Ive already said as much. You guys have had your say. theres no need to go on and on about it.

Sen reporting today that Tasmania's afl vote won't be taking place this month now. If this is the case then a lot of people are going to be getting nervous that the AFL is trying to kick the can down the road, interesting 2 weeks coming up.

Sen reporting today that Tasmania's afl vote won't be taking place this month now. If this is the case then a lot of people are going to be getting nervous that the AFL is trying to kick the can down the road, interesting 2 weeks coming up.
More like extending the date to get all the T’s crossed & i’s dotted on the new stadium. IMO. It won’t be much longer and we’ll all be on the Tasmania team board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back