Game Day BATTLE OF THE FOLD COASTS - WCE vs GCS (Round 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Just leaving the game - Got it done when it was on the line which is good to see - GC have some slick movement that exposed us at times across half forward.

Overall, it wasn’t perfect but it was a good hit out.

Cursedsword02

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I dunno what that Tom Cole sponsor's username is. But whoever you are, your boy did amazing and you should be damn well proud of him.

Kelly, Cole and Allen my Top 3 Eagles on ground tbh.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Just leaving the game - Got it done when it was on the line which is good to see - GC have some slick movement that exposed us at times across half forward.

Overall, it wasn’t perfect but it was a good hit out.

Was frustrating at times but a good start with a rd 1 win and blow the cobwebs out ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Was frustrating at times but a good start with a rd 1 win and blow the cobwebs out ..

It was but I don’t think the boys played badly, GC just brought it to them today and were cleaner at times - midfield was solid and lifted in the last, forwards had there moments, but probably needed a bit more at ground level (especially across HF, as mentioned) and the backline was decent, conceding 8 goals in the game. Credit to GC, let’s hope they can keep up the form this year.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Oscar Allen is going to be a star

Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Would love to bitch and moan about lack of chase and tackle but lets focus on the positives:

Allen is a god
Very good game from Cole, worked all day
Tom Barrass has shown huge maturity playing as well he has these past few weeks
Rotham looks like he's arrived

A few people need some pressure to lift their game, would be fine running Brander through next week in lieu of a couple, I don't care if it makes us tall if the tall bloke is going to chase and tackle and Brander is good below his knees. Start putting some pressure back on Cripps/Redden to perform.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Lukosious on a wing has got me a bit worried to be honest.

If they win alot of contests and get the ball to him on the outside we could be spending alot of today on our heels.

Positive is if you can win the ball in your back half, you can transition the ball a lot easier.

turnovers are killer with the new rules, and while Gold Coast are great at the contest, they can also turn the ball over a fair bit.
Lukocuous did exactly what you said...

We got 18 free kicks to 7 after 1/4 time :$

Also, almost 300 marks across both sides. That is ******* mental

Will be interested to see how it went across the league, because our benchmark used to be 90. Combination of the new stand rules and maybe changing game plans might have boosted that unbelievably.

Can’t imagine we’ve gone over 145 too many times.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
We'll fold it next week when the bullflogs carve us up in the midfield.
As long as we keep it respectable ill be happy - xon looked ok out there - sheed was dynamite and so was kelly - if we keep our percentage above 100 ill walk away if not happy then at least not pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back