Multiplat Battlefield 1

Am I the only one who jumps on the mic to chat to randoms in my squad to get a bit of teamwork happening? If no one answers I change to the next squad or even change teams until I find one or two players to work with for a couple of hours. I feel like a lot of players have their mics ready to use but are almost scared or too nervous to chat unless someone else initiates the conversation. I have a lot of fun meeting new people this way and more often than not score more points than I would running lone wolf. Most players are more than happy to work with you if you're talking to them and hence working as a team with them.

I tend to avoid mic squads, gets annoying imo. Besides, if they spot and we stick together there's little a mic adds that the minimap doesn't.

Still playing this every day, getting better and reining in my lone wolf instincts. Sometimes you just have to let the enemy take the flag - spawning as the only defender against more than three enemies taking a flag rarely ends well. Got to do what waffles do and stick together - as long as you can find a somewhat competent squad you will kick arse.

BF1>>>>>>>>>>>>>BF4/3

Really enjoying catching up on 4 years of not sniping since BC2. It was a redundant class in BF4/3 cause you could just tap fire counter them with any weapon in any other class.

Plus * all those losers cheesing thermal vision or irnv. Lock on anti vehicle s**t. Laser target designation from 2km away. All range aek God gun. No destruction. s**t maps. Pox levolution. And shitty commander mode.

The netcode is 100x better in BF1 now with all servers being 60hz & they are soon releasing official servers to service South Africa, Asia & 1 other region so we will soon stop seeing 250ping Asian players in our servers.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I have my mic on but usually don't say anything. If I hear a '* off' 'get ****ed' or '******* campaigner' its a good sign that theres an aussie in the squad to work with.

gotta say I love getting abused by teenagers on voip
You can turn off VOIP in the settings. I didn't even realise it was a thing until the other night when I was playing with a mate and all of a sudden heard the squad leader talking. All he did was whinge, so I turned it off. My mate and I had a party set up so we didn't need the ingame chat.

Really enjoying catching up on 4 years of not sniping since BC2. It was a redundant class in BF4/3 cause you could just tap fire counter them with any weapon in any other class.
Yes!! Loved sniping in BC2, thought it sucked in BF3/4, love it in this. Don't really get what you mean by that last sentence though?

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Am I the only one who jumps on the mic to chat to randoms in my squad to get a bit of teamwork happening? If no one answers I change to the next squad or even change teams until I find one or two players to work with for a couple of hours. I feel like a lot of players have their mics ready to use but are almost scared or too nervous to chat unless someone else initiates the conversation. I have a lot of fun meeting new people this way and more often than not score more points than I would running lone wolf. Most players are more than happy to work with you if you're talking to them and hence working as a team with them.
99% of the time I'm in a party chat with a mate or 2 so often ignore the in game mics

caMoGFC

Bigfooty Super Elite
Jul 24, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I tend to avoid mic squads, gets annoying imo. Besides, if they spot and we stick together there's little a mic adds that the minimap doesn't.

I don't normally go on the mic as i try to keep the noise down while the little guy sleeps but it definitely can be very valuable.

There was one instance tonight where i had a really good medic squad mate who not only played my objective set markers but always did his best to revive players.
Anyways i ran up the top of the building at B on Empires Edge as i knew it was the only place the enemies could be as we weren't making any progress on the base and i'd lapped the area so i ran up and got gang mauled by about 5 of them....squad mate went to run up and revive me but i flipped down the mic and told him not to revive me but stay down and let me spawn on him.
He did what i asked, we wiped the upstairs area together since we knew what we were up against and ended up taking the flag after being seriously outnumbered.
Without that little piece of communication we'd be having to spawn over 100 metres away from that base and in all likelihood have lost that match as we only ended getting up by under 20 points.

You can turn off VOIP in the settings. I didn't even realise it was a thing until the other night when I was playing with a mate and all of a sudden heard the squad leader talking. All he did was whinge, so I turned it off. My mate and I had a party set up so we didn't need the ingame chat.

Yes!! Loved sniping in BC2, thought it sucked in BF3/4, love it in this. Don't really get what you mean by that last sentence though?
Yeah sorry. It's easy to counter BF3/4 snipers by tap firing any weapon from any kit back at them.

Jan 25, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Thanks mate ill do that :)

caMoGFC

Bigfooty Super Elite
Jul 24, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Hahaha I just knew you'd still be there slithering around in the corner. My team and I were terrible last night and well done on punishing me nade spamming for hit markers in the B bunker. :drunk:

Lol I didn't have much choice! I was kinda stuck there after my initial plan was to push to A since my team was so dominant.

And who doesn't spam nades at that point?
I run gas nades and most of the time I am trying to weaken anybody who is in the zone and warn myself of people entering the zone.
It's the most logical thing to do if you're trying to push up imo, ESPECIALLY if you've joined on to the weaker side and it's near impossible to get anywhere.

Lol I didn't have much choice! I was kinda stuck there after my initial plan was to push to A since my team was so dominant.

And who doesn't spam nades at that point?
I run gas nades and most of the time I am trying to weaken anybody who is in the zone and warn myself of people entering the zone.
It's the most logical thing to do if you're trying to push up imo, ESPECIALLY if you've joined on to the weaker side and it's near impossible to get anywhere.

Got loads of gas and incendiary grenade kills and a few flare gun kills by just spamming it into that area. Giant clusterf*** which is great for points but not so great if you want to do something other than lob grenades.

Just had an awesome game with multiple knife kills (including the flame trooper just one second after he picked it up, many lulz were had) and an amazing team, in particular a medic that revived the s**t out of everyone but still killed plenty. Understood when I was under threat, tried to clear it out before sprinting back to revive. Saved my ass numerous times, and in return did the same (was a medic half the time too). Makes up for the stupid medics you tend to get nowadays. I think they are probably the biggest determinant of who wins (aside from whichever team plays more like a team).

LOL just realised that the game treats horses as vehicles for the purpose of AT grenades so they explode and kill horse and rider on contact, probably the easiest way to take out cavalry.

Does anyone know if the AT mines work the same way?

Not from my experience, but then again I've ridden directly over prone, non moving snipers and no roadkill. The horse hooves might have their own hitboxes. :drunk:

Back