Multiplat Battlefield 1

Little Bird was my 3rd favourite vehicle after the Attack Boat and Mobile AA Tank
Oh you certainly loved the Attack Boat. :D

To master the Little Bird took practice and skill to master, especially with the Miniguns. Watching Affidavit dominate in the LB due to refined skill and time investment was a thing of beauty! I was merely adequate at it but am in awe of Little Bird pilots on YT who go on killstreaks flying indoors. Real skill you just don't see in BF1.

Little Bird was my 3rd favourite vehicle after the Attack Boat and Mobile AA Tank

EDIT: The LAV was also great

You sure loved that attack boat.

Oh you certainly loved the Attack Boat. :D

To master the Little Bird took practice and skill to master, especially with the Miniguns. Watching Affidavit dominate in the LB due to refined skill and time investment was a thing of beauty! I was merely adequate at it but am in awe of Little Bird pilots on YT who go on killstreaks flying indoors. Real skill you just don't see in BF1.

Yep agree. Was a thing of beauty watching Affi in it, having to protect him by killing all the lock on noobs.

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
BF1 is undoubtably more casual than BF4! This is a well known fact throughout the community. I know ARMA and Squad are more serious, but this is a discussion about the BF franchise. I detailed in my previous post as to why I felt it was more casual, your rebuttal has no substance. Casual = bigger playing base, more money for EA.

I will reiterate my point AGAIN for you in my last quoted post.

I don't have an issue with the gun play of BF1. I understand DICE wanting to adhere to the historic period, but it limits the game. The gun play on on BF4 was more diverse. Unlike yourself, I could actually tell the difference of having different grip or whether the gun handled better with or without a heavy barrel. What BF4 did in terms of holding my interest was having such immense variety as I am a player who wanted to get 500 kills with every gun (check my bf4 stats - neddy36 PSN). Yes, some players used the same gun, a gripe of mine that I have discussed but in terms of longevity from my perspective, BF4s variety of gun play compared to BF1 is significant. I already have 100 kills on most guns in BF1 and would be close to completing all elite codices if they included kills pre-patch. I am already bored with the lack of gun variety, this even flows on to the lack of gadgets, just so limited. Yes the history needs to be adhered but in terms of diversity and willingness to spend $75 on premium - it falls short.

Yes, you were the one to post his bomber video a few pages back. I didn't want to refer to you directly in my previous post but I will now. That video showed absolutely zero skill. Your vehicle lost 10 health for the entire video! What levels of threat did you have to deal with? Literally it was infantry shooting at you from the ground. LOL! There were no planes, no AA, nothing!

The player with 9000 kills was a good player no doubt, but the fact he could get 100 kills per game highlighted the fact that there was little that we could do as a team to stop him and that presents a flaw in the game. Now you use a Little Bird as an example, perfect, I was hoping you would! For a Little Bird (Scout Heli) to go on a rampage it takes tremendous accuracy, piloting skill, map awareness, defence (Flare/ECM) management and threat avoidance. Let's take your example of Zavod, let's make it Conquest mode. On that map alone there is a mobile AA and another scout heli. At least if I am getting raped by a skilled Little Bird pilot, I can jump in the mobile AA, the other LB or a tank and stand a very good chance of taking it down. If I have put in hours of practice with RPGs, there is nothing more satisfying in shelling an elite Little Bird pilot on a massive streak. Reward for skill and practice. Nubs could all bust out there Stingers and lock the s**t out of him so he retreats constantly to his deployment. What I am stressing, ONCE AGAIN, is that there multiple options to reduce vehicle dominance, no matter what skill level of the players.

In BF1, what were my options for taking out the plane pilot in the previously mentioned 104-0 game? The AT-Gun doesn't have the reach. The AA's had been destroyed on previous sectors. Our tank driver was sitting back not pressing and the fighter swept past at a safe height? I had no problems with jet rape in BF4, it happened occasionally but at least I had measures to deal with it. In BF1, in some some circumstances you have to sit back and get reamed.
Pretty sure I shelled Quivorir with an RPG when he was flying a LB once, so satisfying

Last edited:
Pretty sure I shelled Quivior with an RPG when he was flying a LB once, so satisfying
0eAmW_f-maxage-0.gif

Never played BF4 so I don't understand why we're comparing a modern helicopter with WWI planes. Having a modern or future FPS game gives you loads of options in fighting that a WWI era one simply cannot offer.

Having played BF3 though I agree that the average player in BF3 has more options against an air threat but for the sake of some semblance of historical accuracy in BF1 I understand why options are limited. I think it's balanced enough tbh, planes are fairly hard to use effectively if you want to fly at a safe altitude or at a high speed, and I've seen planes severely damaged or even outright destroyed if they get within range of infantry.

If the AA gets taken out in Operations and you have no AA Arty Truck and your pilots suck, that's just tough.

I love raging Neddy :D
His sniper voice is the best thing he's ever done.

I wish battlefield friends would give him a cameo.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
******* hacking pieces of s**t!

"I'm not hacking just skilled"

My ******* arse you are, no way that gun is that accurate at that range in that amount of firing time.

I'm willing to believe that maybe you can dodge aim-down-sight revolver rounds at point blank range but no way can you twitch fire a burst from an LMG at long range and get a kill on someone with full health

Last edited:
BF1 is undoubtably more casual than BF4! This is a well known fact throughout the community. I know ARMA and Squad are more serious, but this is a discussion about the BF franchise. I detailed in my previous post as to why I felt it was more casual, your rebuttal has no substance. Casual = bigger playing base, more money for EA.
This is well known? What are you, Dothraki? It's also not a fact at all. It's an opinion based completely on arbitrary criteria. Next you'll be telling me about terrorist attacks in Sweden! So it's casual because it tries to make money? You mean like the battlepacks which contain unlockables that they introduced in BF4? Yeh, we're talking about the BF series and BF1 is only continuing the trend of microtransactions, not pioneering it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed BF4 and not trying to knock it in anyway, but what you critique in BF1 is still there in other titles (and just about every other game development company for that matter).

I don't have an issue with the gun play of BF1. I understand DICE wanting to adhere to the historic period, but it limits the game. The gun play on on BF4 was more diverse. Unlike yourself, I could actually tell the difference of having different grip or whether the gun handled better with or without a heavy barrel. What BF4 did in terms of holding my interest was having such immense variety as I am a player who wanted to get 500 kills with every gun (check my bf4 stats - neddy36 PSN). Yes, some players used the same gun, a gripe of mine that I have discussed but in terms of longevity from my perspective, BF4s variety of gun play compared to BF1 is significant. I already have 100 kills on most guns in BF1 and would be close to completing all elite codices if they included kills pre-patch. I am already bored with the lack of gun variety, this even flows on to the lack of gadgets, just so limited. Yes the history needs to be adhered but in terms of diversity and willingness to spend $75 on premium - it falls short.
Ok, this one I'll say is a fair point. A lot of people who whinge about content don't even use all of what's there, but if you actually do like to try everything out then it's fair enough.

Yes, you were the one to post his bomber video a few pages back. I didn't want to refer to you directly in my previous post but I will now. That video showed absolutely zero skill. Your vehicle lost 10 health for the entire video! What levels of threat did you have to deal with? Literally it was infantry shooting at you from the ground. LOL! There were no planes, no AA, nothing!
Mate, I didn't post that video so you can jerk off to it, just thought it was a nice little run. As I said, it was one of my best runs and if you actually pay more attention you can see that both the defending AA guns are still up and running but unmanned. It would have only taken one person to jump on one and I'd be toast. You can't blame the game for people being s**t.

The player with 9000 kills was a good player no doubt, but the fact he could get 100 kills per game highlighted the fact that there was little that we could do as a team to stop him and that presents a flaw in the game. Now you use a Little Bird as an example, perfect, I was hoping you would! For a Little Bird (Scout Heli) to go on a rampage it takes tremendous accuracy, piloting skill, map awareness, defence (Flare/ECM) management and threat avoidance. Let's take your example of Zavod, let's make it Conquest mode. On that map alone there is a mobile AA and another scout heli. At least if I am getting raped by a skilled Little Bird pilot, I can jump in the mobile AA, the other LB or a tank and stand a very good chance of taking it down. If I have put in hours of practice with RPGs, there is nothing more satisfying in shelling an elite Little Bird pilot on a massive streak. Reward for skill and practice. Nubs could all bust out their Stingers and lock the s**t out of him so he retreats constantly to his deployment. What I am stressing, ONCE AGAIN, is that there multiple options to reduce vehicle dominance, no matter what skill level of the players.

In BF1, what were my options for taking out the plane pilot in the previously mentioned 104-0 game? The AT-Gun doesn't have the reach. The AA's had been destroyed on previous sectors. Our tank driver was sitting back not pressing and the fighter swept past at a safe height. I had no problems with jet rape in BF4, it happened occasionally but at least I had measures to deal with it. In BF1, in some circumstances you have to sit back and get reamed.
Ok, sure there's more options but as others have pointed out (and even you have mentioned) there era kinda limits your options. Still, it sounds like your main gripe is the fact the you couldn't take out this guy personally in an team orientated game. You go on to say that there were actually options for this guy to be taken out, they just weren't being utilised. Similar to my video, the guy a good run because the defending team were too s**t to take him out. You also say he still lost, so despite racking up a good kill count, he didn't really do anything for his team so who cares?

Your last sentence, I don't necessarily disagree with it but will say it's still fairly rare and even more so if you have a have decent team.

FWIW, the LBs that can fly through buildings and whatnot is pretty bloody impressive!

Back