Multiplat Battlefield 2042

The next Battlefield game is due to release in Holiday 2021

EA says Battlefield 6 is on track for a Spring reveal and will take full advantage of the capabilities of PS5 and Xbox Series X.

We'd heard before that Battlefield 6 was due to release this Holiday season, and today, EA CEO Andrew Wilson reaffirmed that timing in an earnings call. "We will reveal the game in the spring and deliver the defining Battlefield experience for our players in the 2021 holiday season," Wilson said.

Wilson also teased a few enticing details about Battlefield 6, which he says "takes full advantage of the power of next-generation platforms to bring massive and immersive battles to life with more players than ever." That should come as a relief to fans worried that older hardware might be a bottleneck in next-gen game development.

Finally, Wilson says the next Battlefield game will "mark a return to all-out military warfare." We've heard a few reports claiming key elements of Battlefield 6 are inspired by Battlefield 3 and that the new entry would return to a modern-day setting, though EA hasn't confirmed those reports at this point. Thankfully, with a reveal planned for the coming weeks, we shan't be waiting long to learn more.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
BF5 was the first Battlefield game I haven't bought/played, something about it just didn't interest me I was kind of hoping they'd follow on with something based around Vietnam. I liked BF3 but wasn't a fan of how easy it was to just blow the s**t out of everything with explosives and RPGs, and it was too full of stat-padders more concerned about their K/D ratio than actually winning the game.

I still login to BF4 on my PS4 and the servers are full a lot of the time, even if there’s not many.

That this game will follow then trajectory that BF3 and BF4 were on is music to my ears.

Secretly still hoping that it’s Bad Company 3, but probably not likely.

The modern day setting though will be great to return to.

Last edited:
May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
I still login to BF4 on my PS4 and the servers are full a lot of the time, even if there’s not many.

That this game will follow then trajectory that BF3 and BF4 were on is misnamed to my ears.

Secretly still hoping that it’s Bad Company 3, but probably not likely.

The modern day setting though will be great to return to.
yeah I've been doing the same. Only problem is the low-resolution pains my soul.

nicko99

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Western Warriors
Hopefully they bring back operations from battlefield 1, that was the most fun i've had playing MP and had no idea why they removed it in BF V and Grand Operations was trash

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Battlefield has sucked since Hardline right now. The only thing this one needs to do to be considered any good is copy 3 and 4 and remove those damn stingers and JDAMS.

I haven’t played one technically since bad company 2 (although I did play Star Wars battlefront II when it came to steam). Wouldn’t mind it if it turns up good.

I haven’t played one technically since bad company 2 (although I did play Star Wars battlefront II when it came to steam). Wouldn’t mind it if it turns up good.
Those Star Wars battlefront games would’ve kept me interested if there wasn’t such long load times.

I really like reading that we’re traveling back to BF3 for this next BF game. That was a really good era for the title in hindsight.

Battlefield 1 was epic IMO. I loved the WW1 relatively historically accurate vibe. Also having weaker weapons made it feel more skill based. I still play it today, and never bothered to get 5.

Back