AFL Club
Richmond

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The next Battlefield is in play testing and by the way it's worded it sounds next gen and PC only.

Of course it’s next gen 🙄. Can’t wait for gameplay to come out and see it is slightly worse than GOW and TLOU 2, yet doesn’t release on PS4.

Think it'll properly look next gen, graphics have always been decent on these games. Got to understand though it's not just a graphics thing with next-gen and PC, it's what the game can actually do, content wise, number of players, map size etc. A lot of that is limited on last gen consoles.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think it'll properly look next gen, graphics have always been decent on these games. Got to understand though it's not just a graphics thing with next-gen and PC, it's what the game can actually do, content wise, number of players, map size etc. A lot of that is limited on last gen consoles.
Bf4 looked identical on PS3 from memory. Only limit was less players in a server at a time.

Then again that might've been EA's play to get people over to next gen (where their future games will release) since I recall many PS3 games having 64+ and even 100 players at a time.

Bf4 looked identical on PS3 from memory. Only limit was less players in a server at a time.

Then again that might've been EA's play to get people over to next gen (where their future games will release) since I recall many PS3 games having 64+ and even 100 players at a time.

Nah, was definitely better on PS4.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Wasn't the Final Stand DLC like 10-15 years in the future? That wasn't too crazy other than the rail gun. My problem with "futuristic", regardless of how far, is that they'll put in a lot of annoying BS gadgets.

They do this in every release though. BF1 and V both heavily weapons for example that never made it out of prototype or in a couple instances a drawing on a few pieces of paper.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wasn't the Final Stand DLC like 10-15 years in the future? That wasn't too crazy other than the rail gun. My problem with "futuristic", regardless of how far, is that they'll put in a lot of annoying BS gadgets.
Imagine futuristic stingers and iglas 😬

At least it would probably stop the pro jet fighters with JDAMS on our Aussie BF4 servers from playing.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Started playing 5 last night on game pass, like COD I hate multiplayer purely for the fact I just get smoked so easy, spawn then bam shot down again.

Not to bad solo but couldn't really get into it that much.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Started playing 5 last night on game pass, like COD I hate multiplayer purely for the fact I just get smoked so easy, spawn then bam shot down again.

Not to bad solo but couldn't really get into it that much.
5 is the worst one to get into.

You can't tell the difference between an enemy and a little smoke or debris particle flying across your screen.

BF6 trailer apparently leaked and it was so bad that a new one might be released lol.

No that's not entirely true, what leaked was only an early build of a trailer.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
No that's not entirely true, what leaked was only an early build of a trailer.

Low res and stills, but I was just quoting the slew of headlines

Etc

Low res and stills, but I was just quoting the slew of headlines

Etc

I've seen it, still on youtube, what has come out is a trailer that is very low-res, not sure how people are determining it's bad based on what can be seen.

Back