Multiplat Battlefield V

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got a uniform or two so I can RP while I RP.

I know a guy who's Grandfather was in the SS. He has all of his things, including the weapons.

I know a guy who's Grandfather was in the SS. He has all of his things, including the weapons.

Worth a mint that stuff because so much was destroyed out of spite after the war. An old made of mine spent thousands on a dagger and a Fallschrimjäger helmet (didn’t have shield scratched off like most soldiers did at the time but there was no way to be certain if it had been repainted or not). I’ve got some repo gear but have an original Sturmbannführer’s SD jacket that I got from a deceased estate years ago. It had all the insignia removed (minus shoulderboards) and I had assumed it was East German post war so I took it to someone involved in militaria collectables who pieced together the history by the outlines of removed patches and awards. SD officer from Kurland army group with Cholm shield amongst some other cool things. Handy original Deutsche Arbeitsfront tag on an inner pocket was certainly a nice find!

Fits with the prosthetics of the time. Just hope they don't go overboard with prosthetic customisations.

Saw one person complain about her "bionic arm". :rolleyes:
Seen a lot of people calling her a cyborg or that DICE are making an alternate steam punk WW2 era game...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Worth a mint that stuff because so much was destroyed out of spite after the war. An old made of mine spent thousands on a dagger and a Fallschrimjäger helmet (didn’t have shield scratched off like most soldiers did at the time but there was no way to be certain if it had been repainted or not). I’ve got some repo gear but have an original Sturmbannführer’s SD jacket that I got from a deceased estate years ago. It had all the insignia removed (minus shoulderboards) and I had assumed it was East German post war so I took it to someone involved in militaria collectables who pieced together the history by the outlines of removed patches and awards. SD officer from Kurland army group with Cholm shield amongst some other cool things. Handy original Deutsche Arbeitsfront tag on an inner pocket was certainly a nice find!

That's actually pretty awesome. It's amazing when you are holding a piece of history like that. You can't really describe it.

That is really really cool

That's actually pretty awesome. It's amazing when you are holding a piece of history like that. You can't really describe it.

That is really really cool

I collect a fair bit of different stuff but yeah it's pretty cool to hold something with history attached to it. You think of what sort of stories it could tell. As the Germans kept meticulous records of the time I've often thought of trying to find a list of ranked SD officers and match up this jacket to a name.

Seen a lot of people calling her a cyborg or that DICE are making an alternate steam punk WW2 era game...
Got to wonder what goes through people's minds when they make these kind of comments.

Slightly off-topic, I went to Auschwitz the other week. They have various displays with the possessions of the prisoners, one of which contains prosthetic limbs taken off them. Pretty sobering stuff.

Watching the physics defying, kill-per-second stuff in the trailor, you have to be a giant ******* spanner to pick out gender as the thing that's unrealistic.

It was a weird decision to cut a trailer with gameplay HUD that (presumably) featured action that won't appear in actual gameplay.
Not that I care whatsoever since it makes no difference to gameplay, but it is just pandering.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be off now, cretins!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/25/17396848/battlefield-5-female-characters

After EA DICE revealed Battlefield 5, a small but vitriolic cross-section of fans voiced its concern that the series was pandering to modern audiences by including playable female avatars. So Oskar Gabrielson, general manager at developer DICE, told them, in no uncertain terms, to get over it.

“Let me be clear about one thing,” Gabrielson wrote on Twitter. “Player choice and female playable characters are here to stay.”

Battlefield 5 allows players to create multiple, highly customized avatars as part of the Company of soldiers and assets that they accrue over time. Cosmetic options allow players to choose the gender and ethnicity of their troops. The game also features a female avatar on the cover of the standard edition of the game. Social media and Reddit users see the cover art as evidence of DICE putting its thumb in the eye of historical accuracy. That’s despite broad historical evidence of women taking part in combat operations, guerrilla warfare and espionage during World War II as well as the developers stated goal to tell new and interesting stories.

I'm female but having female characters in games doesn't worry me. I usually play as a male in my game playthroughs if there is a choice of gender.

I mean if the only thing you have to worry about is that there are girl characters in a game then you really have nothing else going on.

Personally I am Still excited for BFV

It’s just a vidya game and Battlefield gave up being a sim a long time ago and I really have no intention of bringing up Gamergate. However does anyone actually feel left out if their gender isn’t included? Like, do they avoid watching documentaries because they get offended? There are plenty of inspirational women throughout history. Some of the greatest spies in WW2 were female (look up Vera Atkins). In my experience most of the female characters in games are dudes anyway. I played a female blood elf in WoW for years lol.

This is a game where you walk near a holographic medical box to get healed after being shot 8 times.
Except it isn’t any longer. You have to pick up the medipack/ammo and there’s an animation that goes with it. There is no auto regen back to 100% either.

Also, revives are no longer a stab and run affair. They’re more involved with an accompanying animation too.

Not that I care about female characters, btw.

1527310873452.png

... as seen through the eyes of Gamergaters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back