Battleground (2017)

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Naomi: I don't feel like Lana deserves to be here.

Bitch you were a ******* Funkadactyl.

b22b479d21537a51f4d96b47ae8ac669.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
First PPV for me since Extreme Rules I think. Haven't watched Smackdown all year.

First match was really great. Uso's look great, they should've had this gimmick for their first ten years. Not sure what "since day one(ish) means. These two would be great with Roman Reigns, even if they had to be faces. The match was really good, hopefully they have more matches.

It was all s**t from there.

Kevin Owens is laughable. What's the point of this American gimmick? So lost with Mahal and Rusev already doing the anti-America thing. He moves so slow in the ring too, and he's still doing that ******* cannonball. Also that finish was pretty dumb, was it supposed to be a controversial finish because AJ's shoulder looked up? Otherwise what was the point of knocking out the ref? The commentators said nothing. It was just really dumb.

Watched Cena Rusev for the lols. Loved the groggy stair climbing. Also WWE's propaganda video showed Rusev riding tanks, but that when he was representing Russia, not Bulgaria. Is Bulgaria even a bad country? Also last flag match Rusev had they just had to pin eachother. I much preferred that flag match.

Punjabi Prison is an awful match. The first cage is such a waste time. I don't want to watch two guys crawling for the first ten minutes. The whole 'nominating a door to open' makes no sense either. Waste of a spot having that no-name fall off the cage. Hardly a memorable moment for such a big spot. Hopefully Khali doesn't hang around for long. He's awful.

Lesson learned, WWE only care about the Big 3 PPVs.

I just don't get it. Makes no sense.

Have Becky win this instead, go onto have a good match with Naomi at Summerslam (and they would have a good enough match if given a little bit of time and effort) and finally regain her Women's Title. Huge pop. Most over women on the roster.

Then have Carmella cash in a steal the title from her, with a little help from Ellsworth. Huge heat and there's your next title feud, with Naomi also trying to get a rematch somewhere down the line.

They're not cashing both MITBs on the same night. ;)

What's that? You want AJ vs Cena again or AJ vs Nakamura? Enjoy your US title change! . The flag match was dumb. Just grab your opponents flag, run to the other side of the arena (or hide it), and do likewise for the flag stand.

Plodding flag match and plodding prison match. Tag title match was the best thing on the show. Did the deal where it doesn't hurt Corbin to lose since he has MITB to fall back on, but it didn't do much for Nakamura (except keep his streak in tact).

Lack of originality in the women's match (hey a blonde and her Samoan best friend). I guess they're dragging out the Becky road to the title. AJ vs Owens didn't live up to expectations.

Last edited:
The ref bump in AJ/Owens had literally no impact on the match. There was no cheating, there was no missed submissions, nothing. Absolutely pointless aside from a super slow three count where the only thing it might have caused was "oh it would've been three if the ref wasn't groggy" but nope, not even that.

This is the show where logic just went out the ******* door in almost every match. AGAIN a ******* elimination match that had people breaking up pin/submissions. It made sense for Tamina to stop Lana from tapping because story but... yikes.

What a shitshow.

Pretty glad I had work instead of watching :p

Also I don't think I could imagine a worse match than Natalya vs Naomi at Summerslam. What a ******* borefest that will be.

Natalya?

I would have rather had ******* TAMINA win that match.
At least it was a bit unexpected I guess. I was watching thinking "Why is Natalya always in these matches, she's never getting a title shot." Nek minut.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Unfortunately Becky Lynch isn't from a famous family. That's why Natalya gets a boost win every 6 months despite audience indifference for 9 years.

Disappointing PPV.

Probably worst of the year.

Highlights.
- Best match was Usos vs New Day. Some nice spots. I'm enjoying this feud.
- Keeping the title on Jinder. He's improving. Now we have an Indian based stable with Khali's return. Match itself was OK without being spectacular. Perhaps the utter shite that were the other matches made this seem better than it was.
- AJ vs. Owens, up until the ref bump.

Lowlights.
- Shinsuke and Corbin just have no chemistry. Put this one to bed please. No more.
- Women's match. Pointless breaking up of pinfalls and submissions. Natalya winning over Becky and Charlotte. Botches galore. Soft finish.
- Zayn vs. Bennett. Pointless PPV match. Bennett losing does nothing for him and Maria. Dull.
- Flag match. Utterly terrible. Nobody cared about this one. No point. No build-up. Horrible booking. Ugh.
- AJ vs Owens after the ref bump. Had no bearing on the match. Confusing finish.
- No Carmella. Unless she appeared while I was away from the TV.
- Corbin didn't appear in the main event. Should have threatened a cash-in somewhere. What's the point of MIB if neither of them show up?
- No Breezango pay-off. Should we care anymore? Has to be something big.
- Where were the Hype Bros? They cop a bit of crap, but Mojo has potential, and Ryder is usually welcome.

So what's next for Smackdown?
Will we get Jinder vs Cena at SS for title? US pride vs the nasty foreigner! Reeks of Hogan vs Slaughter, just without the element of war.
AJ will get his rematch. Need Shinsuke to get involved in this. Triple threat for the title at SS?
Natalya vs Naomi at Summerslam. Ho-hum.
New Day and Usos feud to continue. Can't see any other team challenging.
Who does Orton move on to? A program with Corbin?
Ziggler needs to team up with someone to refresh his character. He's stale. It's worked for Sheamus and Cesaro.
What about Rusev? The loss didn't help him. What's next for him?

Smackdown has dropped off rapidly in recent times. Raw is much more interesting these days.

are they turning the Ascension into "good guys"?

Wouldn't mind this. Think Demolition after they dumped Fuji. They should be booked as unstoppable faces, demolishing (pun intended) heel sides in a run run towards a feud with the Usos.

Or the WWE could just book them as bumbling, Eddie Money loving, strong but really soft inside, comedy act.

Guess which one it would likely be? :rolleyes:

Back