Battlestar Galactica S3 on DVD- any news?

Remove this Banner Ad

HigginsHawk

All Australian
Jun 10, 2005
Kippax
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Belconnen/Nth Hobart
I heard that season 3 could be looking at a USA DVD release in mid/late August. Has anybody heard any mention of an Australian release?

i heard the u.s release was somewhere around august as well, but i've been checking amazon regularly and no date has been set, either there or here...

I'm guessing it will probably be released in the states around january, when the fourth and final season begins. Though hopefully with the mini-movie, Razor, being released in November, season 3 will be out by then.

looks like i spoke 15 mins too soon. I just did a google search and it's just been announced that it will be released in the U.K on September 3rd. Still no American or aussie dates though.... Why do the poms get it first?!?

i heard the u.s release was somewhere around august as well, but i've been checking amazon regularly and no date has been set, either there or here...

I'm guessing it will probably be released in the states around january, when the fourth and final season begins. Though hopefully with the mini-movie, Razor, being released in November, season 3 will be out by then.

What is all this about then?

Ezy DVD have a release date for Nov 21 but no mention of Razor. May have to wait for it to come onto Sci Fi channel.

awesome! thanks for the heads up mate!
I'm pretty sure that the "Razor" mini airs in the U.S on November 27, then goes straight to DVD the day after. Amazon here i come...

here's a bit of info on battlestar galatica from thedigitalbits.com

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#dayw

While we're on the subject on TV, not much gets us excited anymore in terms of TVD announcements... much less on HD-DVD. But we will confess, this one does have us pretty interested: Universal has just announced the HD-DVD format release of Battlestar Galactica: Season One on 12/4 (SRP $99.98). The 6-disc set will include the complete original miniseries and every Season One episode, along with all of the extras from the original DVDs (including the miniseries deleted scenes that were part of the separate miniseries DVD, but not part of the previous Season One release). New extras for HD-DVD include an interactive Encyclopedia Galactica guide to ships, characters and colonies and a flight training manual (Carl Sagan, we feel your pain), as well as Picture in Picture behind-the-scenes footage. Video is 1080p 1.78:1 with Dolby Digital TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio.

Not only that, but Universal has also announced the Battlestar Galactica: Razor - Unrated Director's Cut DVD, also due on 12/4 (SRP $26.98). This will include an uncut version of the 2-part "bonus" episode slated to run on Sci-Fi in November (11/24 to be exact). It's partly a flashback, telling the story of what happened to Admiral Cain and her crew aboard the Battlestar Pegasus during the initial Cylon attack on the colonies. It also features the Galactica's crew (in the present) and it apparently sets up a few story elements that will become important in the show's fourth and final season, due to start airing on Sci-fi in January. We hear that Razor even holds a few surprises for fans of the original Battlestar show, including a look at the original Cylon Centurions and Raiders from the 70s series. With any luck, Universal will announce the standard DVD release of Battlestar Galactica: Season Three soon as well (they usually release the DVDs about a month before the new season starts). We'll see...

keep in mind those are US release dates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back