FTA-TV Battlestar Galactica (Season 4 Spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Battlestar Galactica

I rented the miniseries last year and liked it a lot.

One of these days I'll get around to renting/buying the DVDs. I'm too far behind to put the effort into downloading 3 seasons worth of episodes but if I ever catch up to the US I'll download season 4 otherwise I'll rent/buy that too (although if Ten drag that out and stall the DVD release I might be forced to download!).

I don't mean to turn this into a Ten bashing topic (we've already got a ton of them and my following comment doesn't say anything that hasn't been said a million times before), but it really is a damn shame how the Australian commercial networks mostly show s**t during prime time and put most of their good shows (such as this one) on at midnight with no promotion.

Anywho, I'm off to scan DVD prices online :p

I'm now into Season 2 and I swear I just saw proof Adama's a Cylon. In Ep 5 of S2 there's a shot of him lying on the bed talking Chief about Boomer and under his cheek is a small bit glowing red like cylons do sometimes. I think I just uncovered that twist two seasons early :p

Note I say two seasons early because it's confirmed that S4 is the last, not because I know anything else, don't worry :p

I am 16 episodes into season 2 now and I have been very impressed by what I've seen.

It's sci fi but it's deadly serious, intelligent, political, militaristic and not watered down so the kiddies can watch (I know I'll never forget the episode of Andromeda where Kevin Sorbo had sex with an alien without taking his pants off...).

Excellent, excellent show. Absolutely no surprise that the Ten Network has buried this in the middle of the night.

Note I say two seasons early because it's confirmed that S4 is the last, not because I know anything else, don't worry :p

Haha, I was freaking for a second there :p

I'm now into Season 2 and I swear I just saw proof Adama's a Cylon. In Ep 5 of S2 there's a shot of him lying on the bed talking Chief about Boomer and under his cheek is a small bit glowing red like cylons do sometimes. I think I just uncovered that twist two seasons early :p

Are you sure that was not a reflection?

The only way to test if he is a Cylon is to kill him, then see if he downloads into a new body. :p

It would be a bit out there considering Adama has had children - one being Lee "Apollo" Adama - and has been involved in battles with the cylons since their 1st generation(Old-skool "toasters") - pre-humainoid phase.

Plus, SciFi Channel had commissioned a spin-off series called Caprica which was meant to follow the lives of two families...one being the Adamas (I can't recall the other) prior to the war. I'm not sure if the show is still gonna happen or if it became a victim of the writers strike like the Heroes spin-off.

Just watched the end of season three tonight. You can consider me fully on the bandwagon :thumbsu:

I see Battlestar Galactica: Razor is yet to be released on DVD in Australia. Looks like I'm going to have to fire up the torrents.

I will be downloading season four as it airs in the US. I'll be ****ed if I'm gonna wait for Ten to air it in the middle of the night.

I've stalled on Disc 4 of Season 2. Main reason I've stopped is because I know there's a wait until Season 4 starts airing and I'll hate having to wait. So I'll wait until about mid March then get through everything ready for Season 4.

I've stalled on Disc 4 of Season 2. Main reason I've stopped is because I know there's a wait until Season 4 starts airing and I'll hate having to wait. So I'll wait until about mid March then get through everything ready for Season 4.

You've merely transfered the waiting from then to now :confused:

Anyway harden the **** up ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I caved and started Season 3. I've watched the first 4 episodes and I think there is no greater sight in TV than the sight of Galactica jumping into the atmosphere of New Caprica or the sight of Pegasus jumping in and blasting the living daylights out of a Cylon basestar to save Galactica. This show is better than life itself.

So I caved and started Season 3. I've watched the first 4 episodes and I think there is no greater sight in TV than the sight of Galactica jumping into the atmosphere of New Caprica or the sight of Pegasus jumping in and blasting the living daylights out of a Cylon basestar to save Galactica. This show is better than life itself.

That five episode arc starting with the season 2 finale is defintely the show's pinnacle. It's brilliant television. Season 3 has a few critics because it kind of loses its way in the middle, but I still think it's kick arse. My favourite season 3 ep is Unfinished Business and the finale... Can not wait until season 4 kicks off in 2 months

Now, I'm not going to blow this show up and over-hype it out of all proportion so I'll simply say this . . .

Best show in the History of Television, in fact in the history of storytelling itself.

Not being shown here. Southern Cross haven't actually got a round to programming the HD channel. (Or more to the point, to getting advertisers on board.)
So everything on TenHD in the mainland state capitals is passing us by.

Not being shown here. Southern Cross haven't actually got a round to programming the HD channel. (Or more to the point, to getting advertisers on board.)
So everything on TenHD in the mainland state capitals is passing us by.
I think everyone who likes this show has given up on Channel 10 and has gone to the DVDs and torrents.

So I've been reading some interviews. Below are the names of people confirmed to NOT be the Final Cylon. This is confirmed by Ronald D Moore (Exec Producer of the series and my new god).

Bill Adama, Lee Adama, Laura Roslin, Gaius Baltar, Helo, Starbuck

i'm glad baltar has been discounted. He's not evil, he just has no moral backbone whatsoever, beyond saving his own skin. I've always liked that he more or less represents the weak, greedy and self-serving facet of the human psyche. If he was revealed as a cylon, it would have completely undermined what made the character so great, i.e everything he's done doesn't reflect on humanity because he's just a cylon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back