FTA-TV Battlestar Galactica (Season 4 Spoilers)

I'm confused about the retro Cylons in Razor. I can understand the earlier centurion model during the First Cylon War, but when Starbuck was assigned to Pegasus that was after the colonies were destroyed.

Surely all the centurions had been upgraded. They certainly weren't flying any fighter space craft in that form.
Wasn't the deal that they were some Cylons that had survived from the First War?

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm confused about the retro Cylons in Razor. I can understand the earlier centurion model during the First Cylon War, but when Starbuck was assigned to Pegasus that was after the colonies were destroyed.

Surely all the centurions had been upgraded. They certainly weren't flying any fighter space craft in that form.

Wasn't the deal that they were some Cylons that had survived from the First War?

The Guardians are a group of original Centurions who somehow escaped from being scrapped when the newer humanoid models replaced the sentient Centurions with their non-sentient successors. They still use Raiders from the First Cylon War and appear to operate entirely from a single basestar, a model which represents an intermediate between the Cylon-war era and current design. Their existence is somewhat of a Cylon legend, suggesting they have no contact with the modern Cylons.

The Centurions guard the original Hybrid, who is still alive over 40 years after its creation. They seek to further their evolution, and to this end they capture and experiment upon a human civilian science team from Galactica. This triggers a battle in which the Guardians' basestar and the Hybrid are destroyed (Razor). It is unknown whether all of the Centurions are aboard the basestar when it is destroyed.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Cylon_Centurion_Model_0005#Guardians

I enjoyed this week's episode. The scenes on the cylon basestar were interesting. The scenes on Galactica less so (although they did advance the story).

Who's the knob at SCI FI that decided to put a 'reminder' in the bottom right corner to watch ____ing Doctor Who during the whole episode? :rolleyes:

I enjoyed this week's episode. The scenes on the cylon basestar were interesting. The scenes on Galactica less so (although they did advance the story).

Who's the knob at SCI FI that decided to put a 'reminder' in the bottom right corner to watch ____ing Doctor Who during the whole episode? :rolleyes:
Agreed. This week was one without a lot of action but one that has probably set up a lot of things for future episodes.

chris86

All Australian
Jan 11, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Since when can Tory of all people punch like that?

Perhaps because she's embracing (for lack of a better word) her Cylon discovery she's becoming more like a Cylon, such as strength like that.

Was a great punch :D Good to see a longtime character go. Got feeling she wont be the last one to go before end of this season. Have to say also, starting to dislike Roslin more and more each episode. Curious to see what Zareks motives are.

Was a great punch :D Good to see a longtime character go. Got feeling she wont be the last one to go before end of this season. Have to say also, starting to dislike Roslin more and more each episode. Curious to see what Zareks motives are.
I was pumped when I saw Richard Hatch listed as a guest star in the credits, I love Tom Zarek.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Seen the first three now, the first two just wow, third one hmm still not sure may need to watch it again cause I was pretty tired when I did. Believe it sets up a lot for the season ahead though. Could no one make Earth cause the Cylons kill themselves in civil war while the final five destroy Galactica, doubtful but would be different!

chris86

All Australian
Jan 11, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just watched the last episode until early next year. Few great moments, but it felt really rushed. Particularly the ending. Spoilers below

Didn't like the way the Saul revealing he was a Cylon to Adama went, didn't feel right. Not sure how the second part of the season will go now they have found Earth (or whats left of it).

Really hoping the rest picks up after this. Season 4 started off really well, but has faded away lately. Disappointing to think if the Strike had continued that this would have been the finale also.

Apr 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
yeah season 4 has been uneven at best...... the last 2 episodes made up for it though!!!

for most of the episode I was thinking they were going to be pulling some s**t like making Starbuck's raptor the final cylon..... looks like that is still a mystery :/ I think it'll be gator..... he has had some ominous appearances recently.....not to mention the girly singing

I actually loved how saul came out of the closet (hehehe) to Adama...... a portion of deer in headlights terror with a dollop of crazed magnanimity

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
I have enjoyed the first ten episodes of season four :thumbsu: It's too bad we will have to wait until next year for the last ten episodes :(

I must admit the last episode felt sort of rushed to me. Maybe the exposé of the four cylons and the discovery of Earth in the same episode was too much for my senses :p

Speaking of Earth it looks like 'we' blew ourselves up :eek:

I'm guessing the dregs of what's left of the Ones, Fours and Fives will show up at some point along with some Earth humans.

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
Drzaius.jpg

I have enjoyed the first ten episodes of season four :thumbsu: It's too bad we will have to wait until next year for the last ten episodes :(

I must admit the last episode felt sort of rushed to me. Maybe the exposé of the four cylons and the discovery of Earth in the same episode was too much for my senses :p

Speaking of Earth it looks like 'we' blew ourselves up :eek:

I'm guessing the dregs of what's left of the Ones, Fours and Fives will show up at some point along with some Earth humans.
The whole last 3-4 episodes have felt rushed IMO.

I've absolutely loved season 4(Well the 10eps we have seen). But most BSG fans agree it's been a little slow so I'm in the minority.
I reckon it's been great, it just feels really compressed and rushed. Great but could've been a lot better as well.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I loved it, all on the brink of destroying each other only to be saved at the last second and then finding "Earth" (no one has actually proven it IS Earth yet) in the state it is in with both Humans and Cylons devastated. Loved it. Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Waiting for the bad ass Cylons to still show up, and the final five to be revelaed properly, still don't know who the fifth is.

And boy are those final four going to have some questions to answer about "Earth".

Back