FTA-TV Battlestar Galactica (Season 4 Spoilers)

Forrest Gimp

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2007
Lathlain, Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
What was the 174mb, 10 things you need to know, that came out last week? Was that just those webisodes put together?

I think that was something different. I didn't see that. The webisodes are 2 10-part series. One came out after season 3 and the latest came out last month. They are about 2-4 mins long each and form a short episode.

bears2lions

All Australian
Jun 1, 2008
orbiting Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ellen! :eek:

Out of all the people I thought could be the final cylon I never though it would be her. It was even more of a surprise given how the episode had built up the final cylon to either be Kara or Dee. Speaking of which, Kara finding what appeared to be her dead self :eek:

Also, they tested the bones and said the 13th tribe/Earthicans were all cylons :eek: Does this mean Kara and theoretically anyone could be a cylon since there was apparently a whole planet of them?

And Ellen said in Saul's memory flashback that there were plans or something in place for them to be reborn, which suggests prior knowledge/suspicion Earth was going to be nuked?

And who did nuke Earth? So intriguing!

Do you have any explanation about Kara? Finding her dead self suggests she could well be a Cylon herself.

There must be some connection between Earth and the other colonies. Could Cylons have existed all this time (over 2000 years)? But then the humans of the 12 colonies claim to have "invented" the Cyclons initially, and then those Cylons evolved themselves into human form through experimentation.

I am really confused now.

Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wow what an episode, didn't hold back at all! My only real concern is with nine episodes to go are things going to be a little rushed now to try and tie everything off.....

Don't stress. Firstly, they re-wrote the ending because they had a lot of time on their hands during the writers strike(ironic i know). So they now have it pinned to perfection. Secondly there is a movie coming out this time next year called Caprica that will surely tie up any loose ends left.

Don't stress. Firstly, they re-wrote the ending because they had a lot of time on their hands during the writers strike(ironic i know). So they now have it pinned to perfection. Secondly there is a movie coming out this time next year called Caprica that will surely tie up any loose ends left.
Caprica is the prequel TV series. The movie is called "The Plan". It's airing after the final episode. It shows the plan the Cylons were working under, effectively the first part of the series from the Cylons point of view.

Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Caprica is the prequel TV series. The movie is called "The Plan". It's airing after the final episode. It shows the plan the Cylons were working under, effectively the first part of the series from the Cylons point of view.

Yep sorry, you're correct. I meant to say of the movie but was thinking of the prequel series Caprica at the same time.:eek: Even that will help round out the story as well.

Thought this weeks episode was great. It was setting stuff up for coming episdoes but it in no way felt like a filler episode. Thought Edward James Olmos was brilliant.

And is it just me or does the presence of Tom Zarek instantly make any episode really great viewing?

bears2lions

All Australian
Jun 1, 2008
orbiting Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Foxtel Sci Fi channel from this coming Saturday.

Battlestar Galactica, one of the hottest SCI FI shows on the planet will be beamed into Australian homes directly after broadcast in the USA.

Starting Saturday January 31 at 9.10pm you will see premiere episodes every week from the current and final series (season 4) until its thrilling double episode conclusion on March 21.

To launch proceedings SCI FI will marathon episodes 1-12* from 11.00am on Saturday January 31, through until 9.10pm when episode13 makes its debut only hours after its US premiere.

”Fast tracking Battlestar Galactica is a coup for Australian subscription television. It’s been done for some reality titles but this is a first for drama. The SCI FI audience are savvy, enthusiastic and have been waiting for this” said SCI FI Channel CEO Peter Hudson.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MARATHONS

Eps 1-12 - Season Four Marathon Saturday 31 January, 11am - 9.10pm
Ep13 “The Oath” fast tracked by satellite Saturday 31 January, 9.10pm

Marathon - Season 4 replay of fast tracked eps 11-19 Saturday 21 March, 1.30pm - 9.10pm
Ep 20 - 2 hour finale Season Four Saturday 21 March, 9.10pm

*episodes 11-20 are Australian premieres.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Only took the country 4 years.

Well I'll take advantage...If I'm working til 1am, the last thing I want to do is load up the torrent when I get home and wait another 1/2 hour as it downloads...now I can just record to the DVR and watch it as soon as I get home, then flick over to the football. :thumbsu::)

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Thought this weeks episode was great. It was setting stuff up for coming episdoes but it in no way felt like a filler episode. Thought Edward James Olmos was brilliant.

And is it just me or does the presence of Tom Zarek instantly make any episode really great viewing?

Yeah he is great, very bloody shady dodgy man though :)

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon

The episodes involving him tend to involve political stuff which I thinks adds a cool dimension to the series.

I also liked the episode :thumbsu: Very interesting to see where it goes. Discovering Earth only half way through the season was really a wise move on the writer's half, it's really opened up the last half to be about any myriad of things without the enormous shadow of "must find Earth" hanging over them.

Oh and it looks like Adama and Roslin have finally hooked up :p

likka

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 12, 2004
Rehab
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really like the first three seasons of BG, but it has gone downhill in its final season. Way too melodramatic now for a sci-fi series that started out so gritty and engrossing.

Looks like the show's writing and direction has been taken over by a Days of Our Lives team. Overacting is rampant, quality of the dialogue has declined, the direction & direction each episode is becoming more and more cheesy.

Story is still interesting, but they are moving further and further away from made it a very good show.

Really like the first three seasons of BG, but it has gone downhill in its final season. Way too melodramatic now for a sci-fi series that started out so gritty and engrossing.

Looks like the show's writing and direction has been taken over by a Days of Our Lives team. Overacting is rampant, quality of the dialogue has declined, the direction & direction each episode is becoming more and more cheesy.

Story is still interesting, but they are moving further and further away from made it a very good show.
I was thinking that during the midseason break. After the first episode back I sat down and rewatched all of Season 4. Seemed MUCH better now that I knew where it was going.

likka

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 12, 2004
Rehab
AFL Club
Collingwood
Disagree, I actually thought it was more soap opera like watching season four a second time... mainly because I already knew the story and concentrated more on the dialogue, acting, direction, editing and musical score.

Like I said previously, it was more like watching Days of Our Lives set in the Galactica universe. Totally different to the way the show started out.

If this is the sort of melodramatic fluff they are going to serve up with Caprica, then it should be shown on soap opera channel not the sci-fi channel.

Ronald Moore should stick to what he is good at (ie not family drama).

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
A ripper of an episode! Wonder how it will play out.

The grenade thing at the end is a bit of a cheat cliffhanger though as I would be surprised if Adama and Tigh are dead.

Is it still sci fi now, or a political drama set in space?

What's wrong with the "political drama" stuff? I think it's been a real highlight of the show as a whole. Too often sci fi shows skip over that sort of stuff and just focus on the wars/battles etc.

Back