• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
It's like a book club, except it is more inclusive because it is also for illiterate bay people. Every week we nominate films and based on the nominantions we conduct a poll to see which film will be the film of the week, the Bay has 7 days to watch it, then come back and give their thoughts on it at any time!

I will start the first week, it will be Force Majeure by Ruben Ostlund who directed the incredible Triangle of Sadness which I highly recommend.

MV5BMDdhN2QzNzItZWVkZC00ZWFkLTk0ZDEtNmRjMjdlYjFjZWY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Feel free to nominate the film for week 2 at any time and I will put a poll up of all the nominations and then starting next Sunday night we will have another week watch whichever movie won the poll. Please only nominate sensible films that are proper films!!!! :mad:

Please no spoilers in this thread without putting the spoiler tag thingy on it! Like this:
Zackah is a horrible person

I have an incredibly good feeling about this thread that at will be highly successful and everyone will enjoy it and we will learn quite a lot and become better and more cultured people and it will generate loads of traffic for bigfootball and Chief will reward me with a bunch of profile badges and it will just be incredible magical and great!

Last edited:
It's like a book club, except it is more inclusive because it is also for illiterate bay people. Every week we nominate films and based on the nominantions we conduct a poll to see which film will be the film of the week, the Bay has 7 days to watch it, then come back and give their thoughts on it at any time!

I will start the first week, it will be Triangle of Sadness by Ruben Ostlund who directed the incredible Force Majeure which I highly recommend.

184bdwhnwiw91.jpg

Feel free to nominate the film for week 2 at any time and I will put a poll up of all the nominations and then starting next Sunday night we will have another week watch whichever movie won the poll. Please only nominate sensible films that are proper films!!!! :mad:

Please no spoilers in this thread without putting the spoiler tag thingy on it! Like this:

I have an incredibly good feeling about this thread that at will be highly successful and everyone will enjoy it and we will learn quite a lot and become better and more cultured people and it will generate loads of traffic for bigfootball and Chief will reward me with a bunch of profile badges and it will just be incredible magical and great!

I'll watch it when it comes out on video. Seems like a cross between Titanic and The Beach.

I'll watch it when it comes out on video. Seems like a cross between Titanic and The Beach.
I didnt realise it might actually be difficult for people to find a copy of it :eekv1: Maybe we just start the nominations this week instead?

An equally crude and simple fantasy adventure that is only interested in a few atrocities and the blatantly sexist exhibited physical charms of the leading actresses," was the verdict of the encyclopedia of international film . [2]
Yeah and..?

It’s a Roger Corman masterpiece!! 100% pure entertainment. 👍👍

I will start the first week, it will be Force Majeure by Ruben Ostlund who directed the incredible Triangle of Sadness which I highly recommend.

MV5BMDdhN2QzNzItZWVkZC00ZWFkLTk0ZDEtNmRjMjdlYjFjZWY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4NjE0NjEy._V1_.jpg

Is that foreign for Force Manure?

An equally crude and simple fantasy adventure that is only interested in a few atrocities and the blatantly sexist exhibited physical charms of the leading actresses," was the verdict of the encyclopedia of international film . [2]
Is what you're essentially saying in layman's terms is there are no noodz or lolz and it's as boring as hell?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blade Runner 2049 was a really good
subversion of the chosen one movie trope. I liked the lesson of the movie that you are not important but you can do important things

Ever since I've tried making myself into a cyborg, and I've been into minimalism as well.

Denis Villeneuve shows that you can still be faithful to the source material and expand on it and make interesting scifi.

It's only been 6 years but it was an instant classic which has changed the way cyberpunk is presented.

Okay so far the nominations are:

First Blood - Nominated by Reppie
They Live - Also nominated by Reppie
Blade Runner 2049 - Nominated by Lethality
Suspiria (1977)

I will nominate the movie my avatar came from, the incredible Dario Argento Italian GOAT horror film - Suspiria (1977). I am ignoring the fake nominations by Zackah and others. Im not sure if Aristotle Pickett was actually nominating any of the films he linked.

Okay so far the nominations are:

First Blood - Nominated by Reppie
They Live - Also nominated by Reppie
Blade Runner 2049 - Nominated by Lethality
Suspiria (1977)

I will nominate the movie my avatar came from, the incredible Dario Argento Italian GOAT horror film - Suspiria (1977). I am ignoring the fake nominations by Zackah and others. Im not sure if Aristotle Pickett was actually nominating any of the films he linked.
What happened to Forced Manure?

Can someone please tag me when we get up to Freddie Got Fingered? :rainbow:

Blade Runner 2049 was a really good
subversion of the chosen one movie trope. I liked the lesson of the movie that you are not important but you can do important things

Ever since I've tried making myself into a cyborg, and I've been into minimalism as well.

Denis Villeneuve shows that you can still be faithful to the source material and expand on it and make interesting scifi.

It's only been 6 years but it was an instant classic which has changed the way cyberpunk is presented.

Literally watched it again a few days ago, one of the best movies of the last decade. :thumbsu: Has me hyped for Dune 2 later this year.

Back