Mega Thread Bay 13 TV Thread

Yet another off-topic thread to help us get through the long off-season.

Be warned that there'll probably be all sorts of spoilers in here for just about any TV show, it's your responsibility to avoid them as best you can.

That said, don't be a campaigner and ram explicit plot details down people's throats just because you can, and if you're commenting within a day of something airing, in the interests of mutual respect, use the spoiler tags.

I hope you don't kiss your brother with that mouth! :p

(That is a GOT Reference FYI.)
So into GoT right now..started watching from season 1 again last night coz hubby has never seen it. It's even better the second time around.

Last edited:
So into GoT right now..started watching from season 1 again last night coz hubby has never seen it. It's even better the second time around.
I like Stannis.... mainly because of the books.

King Renly!! :cry:
Traitorous whelp.

Caught up in his own reputation to realise that he wouldn't be a good enough King. Probably worse than Robert.

Stannis would have had Varys, Littlefinger and Pycelle hanging up on the walls.

Read the books. Whilst I think the TV show has done it justice they're still much better.
In this case I'm going to read the books after the tv show is finished. I've only started watching GOT the last month, since the new Boxed Set channel showed the first three seasons back to back.

May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong

I watched two seasons. I just don't get it. I really tried. I'm watching Lucky (Dustin Hoffman) ATM, it's OK I'll give it to the end of the first season to see if it grabs me. I loved breaking bad but I think I just prefer movies. It's just so hard to find time to watch a 50hr TV series.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I watched two seasons. I just don't get it. I really tried. I'm watching Lucky (Dustin Hoffman) ATM, it's OK I'll give it to the end of the first season to see if it grabs me. I loved breaking bad but I think I just prefer movies. It's just so hard to find time to watch a 50hr TV series.

Watch True Detective. Great show and S01 is 8 hours, tops.

I never watched a single ep of the Sopranos until it was all over..I got the whole boxed set and watched it in a week..so so excellent, no waiting, no breaks in storyline. I HATE watching tv shows..waiting week to week then season to season, it sucks and I hate investing myself in a tv show like that..few are worth it. I'm already mighty pissed at having to wait for GOT season 4.

May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I never watched a single ep of the Sopranos until it was all over..I got the whole boxed set and watched it in a week..so so excellent, no waiting, no breaks in storyline. I HATE watching tv shows..waiting week to week then season to season, it sucks and I hate investing myself in a tv show like that..few are worth it. I'm already mighty pissed at having to wait for GOT season 4.

Oh yeah I'd never do that, I don't have the patience. I think I watched breaking bad in about 2 weeks but like you said with the new boxset thing on fox it's easy to pick up a series and see if you like it. I'm annoyed at Sopranos... I think I've seen about 1/4 - 1/2 of the episodes but never watched it in any kind of order.

I've never watched Dexter, Breaking Bad, Entourage or most of the others..I just cant be fagged. I LOVED True Detective but IQ'd the whole thing on Foxtel. Absolutely brilliant, I'd use Woody Harrelson's s**t for toothpaste.

Yeah series 1, then you have to watch all the rest! I hated dexter too, I hated the way they dumb everything down.
Well True Detective is intended to be a new cast and storyline etc (anthology format) every season so it's a lot more compact and everything wraps up in one season.

May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I've never watched Dexter, Breaking Bad, Entourage or most of the others..I just cant be fagged. I LOVED True Detective but IQ'd the whole thing on Foxtel. Absolutely brilliant, I'd use Woody Harrelson's s**t for toothpaste.

Ps-

The first time I heard that expression I was having an argument with a mate over which one of us was more in love with Suze Demarchi. When he pulled that line out there is nothing I could do but admit defeat. She's all yours you demented campaigner!

Back