Mega Thread Bay 13 TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch "The Leftovers". It's amazing. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
House of Cards Flogs. It's no Breaking Bad or True Detective but it's Kevin Spacey doing some of his finest work and Kevin is a downright legend. Beauty of it is NetFlix release each series a whole without making you wait each week for another episode or even worse this mid season break of 6 months that seems to be all the rage at the moment.

In this case I'm going to read the books after the tv show is finished. I've only started watching GOT the last month, since the new Boxed Set channel showed the first three seasons back to back.
Yeah, don't read the books first. I did that and lost interest in the TV series. Books are always much better.

I watched two seasons. I just don't get it. I really tried. I'm watching Lucky (Dustin Hoffman) ATM, it's OK I'll give it to the end of the first season to see if it grabs me. I loved breaking bad but I think I just prefer movies. It's just so hard to find time to watch a 50hr TV series.
The last TV I watched a lot of was Archer. I don't even think it counts as a TV series.

Yeah series 1, then you have to watch all the rest! I hated dexter too, I hated the way they dumb everything down.

Season 1 is basically an entire show on it's own, season 2 is different actors, different directors, and a different location.

Season 1 was f***ing amazing though, so the bar is set high for the second.

I never watched a single ep of the Sopranos until it was all over..I got the whole boxed set and watched it in a week..so so excellent, no waiting, no breaks in storyline. I HATE watching tv shows..waiting week to week then season to season, it sucks and I hate investing myself in a tv show like that..few are worth it. I'm already mighty pissed at having to wait for GOT season 4.

Season 4 has aired, the internet is your friend. ;)

This thread has actually taken the turn we discussed awhile ago, might be time to spin-off the recent posts and see if it can become it's own thing. :thumbsu:

Season 1 is basically an entire show on it's own, season 2 is different actors, different directors, and a different location.

Season 4 has aired, the internet is your friend. ;)

This thread has actually taken the turn we discussed awhile ago, might be time to spin-off the recent posts and see if it can become it's own thing. :thumbsu:
Arnt they filming season 4 in croatia now?

I watched two seasons. I just don't get it. I really tried. I'm watching Lucky (Dustin Hoffman) ATM, it's OK I'll give it to the end of the first season to see if it grabs me. I loved breaking bad but I think I just prefer movies. It's just so hard to find time to watch a 50hr TV series.

I like GoT but not all story lines so do a lot of >>.

The Wire was like that for me. I tried and tried to like it but never got through the first few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boxed did all Sopranos and GOT straight up when it started..my daughter asked me to IQ it so I started watching it and now love it. I'm watching 1 - 4 again now with Steve..hes loving the t&a hehe

Does he know that it really starts drying up from season 3 onwards? :p

But yeah, flicking to a few eps of the Sopranos on that channel has got me watching it again. :p First time I've rewatched though, which is always an interesting perspective with any show.

House of Cards Flogs. It's no Breaking Bad or True Detective but it's Kevin Spacey doing some of his finest work and Kevin is a downright legend. Beauty of it is NetFlix release each series a whole without making you wait each week for another episode or even worse this mid season break of 6 months that seems to be all the rage at the moment.

Definitely my fave.

Ah, that makes more sense. Wasn't sure if they were showing season 4 on that box sets channel or not since it's relatively recent.
Danerys brother just copped his golden crown..some good deaths in this show

I'm watching Barnaby Jones a cop show from the 1970s,1980s. Those 70s b grade actors, the big tanks they drove, a young roddy mcdowell. Gold. Hawaii five O, the original is better though.

Love that, I think I put my favourite GOT deaths in that top 5 thread and had his 2nd behind poor Oberyn.

Does he know that it really starts drying up from season 3 onwards? :p

But yeah, flicking to a few eps of the Sopranos on that channel has got me watching it again. :p First time I've rewatched though, which is always an interesting perspective with any show.
He amost vomited half an hour ago when Renly was being shaved by his lover and he went down on him...the slurping sucking noises LOL

Ive downloaded GoT but never watched it. Probably do what I did with Homeland, watched all 3 seasons in one week. Im into more true to life series like The Walking Dead and Z Nation.

Good deaths but the most interesting characters get the chop.

I'm watching Barnaby Jones a cop show from the 1970s,1980s. Those 70s b grade actors, the big tanks they drove, a young roddy mcdowell. Gold. Hawaii five O, the original is better though.
My God you're old

I watch TV to tune out usually, just enjoyable fluff. Some exceptions to that are Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire (neither of which I have finished so don't ******* spoil them!). Usually I watch Bob's Burgers, Archer, Seinfeld or Parks and Rec just to drift off. If I want something serious I'll read or watch a film. I want to get into True Detective, everything about it sounds awesome. GoT did nothing for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back