Mega Thread Bay 13 TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My God you're old
Probably not much older than you but I can't watch much stuff post 90s. The comedies from the 70s were in some ways dirtier but relied on good scripts rather than language. Also there was as much violence but it is not the graphic stuff you have now.

Probably not much older than you but I can't watch much stuff post 90s. The comedies from the 70s were in some ways dirtier but relied on good scripts rather than language. Also there was as much violence but it is not the graphic stuff you have now.
Probably younger ;)

I reckon, and this is totally uninformed, that the illegal downloading will prevent them ever getting that far. Just not as much money to be made.
Wait until the new copyright laws hit and some poor kid from altona gets smashed for downloading an episode from the net

Wait until the new copyright laws hit and some poor kid from altona gets smashed for downloading an episode from the net
I don't dl anything, old fashioned I think. I really love waiting for boxed sets, snuggling in bed on Steve's months home and marathoning it.

Definitely my fave.

Love it. Am wondering where to from here though, if there's any criticism I have of this show, it's that Frank hasn't really lost yet. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, things can only go backwards from here.

Ive downloaded GoT but never watched it. Probably do what I did with Homeland, watched all 3 seasons in one week. Im into more true to life series like The Walking Dead and Z Nation.

I did that with GOT, South Park's trilogy of episodes on it was the final nudge I needed. :p

Wonder now how long till TV shows overtake feature films as the bigger productions.

Probably never since films can basically demand more of your money for less of your time. The need to maintain quality over the journey isn't as high either.

That said, TV has certainly established itself as a high-quality storytelling medium by using it's greatest strength to it's advantage, it's ability to tell longer, more intricate stories.

I reckon, and this is totally uninformed, that the illegal downloading will prevent them ever getting that far. Just not as much money to be made.

Illegal downloading affects everything though, if TV providers start streaming their services the way Netflix does, it'll probably offset that quite a bit.

Illegal downloading affects everything though, if TV providers start streaming their services the way Netflix does, it'll probably offset that quite a bit.
I still think there's a spectacle involved with going to the cinema, whereas downloading onto your computer doesn't have that, even if you're playing it through your TV. That, and 3D films are what separates cinema from TV in this instance.

Love it. Am wondering where to from here though, if there's any criticism I have of this show, it's that Frank hasn't really lost yet. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, things can only go backwards from here.

I think they got to the current situation a season too early. It's like they rushed it as they thought there might not be a 3rd season. Almost wish their wasn't.

On TV overtaking films. What you'll see is more Fargos where great film stories are fleshed out.

In this case I'm going to read the books after the tv show is finished. I've only started watching GOT the last month, since the new Boxed Set channel showed the first three seasons back to back.

It takes him so long to finish a book the TV series will over take him and finish it. Im pretty sure i know what the main plot will be at the end of the series to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big thumbs up reading that Rachel McAdam has signed up to True Detective

GOT is an enigma, I guess thats why I like it, the Author is a character too and will finish the books in his own sweet time hehe..stress everyone out.
Should see the wikipedia forums regarding it. All these crazy theories about the books (don't look if you don't want spoilers :p)

Can we have 'fireside' added to the OP. Got my pipe and slippers at the ready.

I melted all over the place when
Prince Oberyn
died. I couldn't sleep that night :( It was too traumatic. :thumbsdown:
Not many people could sleep after that. it was perfectly as I imagined it.

Should see the wikipedia forums regarding it. All these crazy theories about the books (don't look if you don't want spoilers :p)
Most people I know have read the books and talk about it all..doesnt bother me, I dont stress over tv shows, impossible to avoid spoilers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back