Mega Thread Bay 13 TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 3 tv shows for 2017?

For me:

Black Mirror
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rick and Morty

Honourable mentions to Better Call Saul and Billions.

Courtroom episode of BCS was the peak moment of the year for mine. Perfection.

Has anyone else seen The Haunting of House Hill? Such an amazing show. Really creepy without too many jump scares and characters that you care about unlike so many horror movies or shows.
No Jaz, sounds good, where’s it on?

No Jaz, sounds good, where’s it on?
It's a netflix show. And I meant The Haunting of Hill House :oops: I get it confused with House on Haunted Hill. It has the new and better actor that plays Daario from GoT in it, and I don't think I have ever identified with a character as much as I did with Nell :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a netflix show. And I meant The Haunting of Hill House :oops: I get it confused with House on Haunted Hill. It has the new and better actor that plays Daario from GoT in it, and I don't think I have ever identified with a character as much as I did with Nell :'(

Did Nell get a handjob from a ghost?

Did Nell get a handjob from a ghost?
giphy.gif

Was also Edgar (the main villain) in Men In Black and Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket.
My favourite movies and shows are when there is a viable and deep villain. I.e. Fisk, Joker, Opergruppenfuhrer Smith, Bruno Ganz as Hitler and the entire cast of downfall, Thanos, Darth Sidious, etc.

Edgar, really, he’s changed over the years.

My favourite movies and shows are when there is a viable and deep villain. I.e. Fisk, Joker, Thanos, Darth Sidious, etc.

Edgar, really, he’s changed over the years.
Michael Keaton as The Vulture was probably one of my all time favourite comic villains.
I mostly like the villains that are over the top. Ben Gazzara (Wesley) in Road House and Raul Julia (Bison) in Street Fighter.

I got stuck watching Sing with the little one on Netflix.
That movie was as gay as balls.
I remarked to my mother yesterday while minding my nephew, that as kids, our kid movies and tv shows were a lot more adult than they are now.

Taking the 1990s Batman cartoon for example, they did things in that show that would never pass the sensors today.

Michael Keaton as The Vulture was probably one of my all time favourite comic villains.
I mostly like the villains that are over the top. Ben Gazzara (Wesley) in Road House and Raul Julia (Bison) in Street Fighter.
I’ve enjoyed quite a few of Quinten Tarantino’s villains. Mr Candy and Christoper Waltz as an SS officer.

I remarked to my mother yesterday while minding my nephew, that as kids, our kid movies and tv shows were a lot more adult than they are now.

Taking the 1990s Batman cartoon for example, they did things in that show that would never pass the sensors today.
That is some classic animation. Many of the jokes in the 90s wouldn't pass either - eg: many of the jokes in Animaniacs.
Also there was a lot more depth and emotion in those cartoons and kids movies. With the exception of most Pixar movies, most kids movies are getting dumbed down.
It's my choice tomorrow and I'm putting on The Land Before Time (the first one).

That is some classic animation. Many of the jokes in the 90s wouldn't pass either - eg: many of the jokes in Animaniacs.
Also there was a lot more depth and emotion in those cartoons and kids movies. With the exception of most Pixar movies, most kids movies are getting dumbed down.
It's my choice tomorrow and I'm putting on The Land Before Time (the first one).
Shrek was one of the last kids movies to really get away with some less than subtle adult jokes for the parents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back