Off-topic Bay Cricket Pt 3: THE one and only Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost like we can be proud of our cricket team again.

Almost. When they pick Maxi I will be.

^^This. Quality effort, but it doesn't erase that f*** up.

Still not sold on Finch either.

Khawaja is the only batsman in the current team better than him. It's a joke.

Made as many runs in the 4th innings as the Marsh brothers combined. :$

It's almost like we can be proud of our cricket team again.

Almost. When they pick Maxi I will be.
Theyll do what they normally do. Pick him when Victoria or the stars need him most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the talent level.

I don't back players based on their state, I do it on their talent.

Same. There's no way in my mind that Finch should be picked ahead of Renshaw, but the campaigner made two decent scores. :(

Theyll do what they normally do. Pick him when Victoria or the stars need him most.

Well at least then he'd get a test in Australia. :rainbow:

Which leads to the most baffling thing of all, we often pick sides based off runs made here, yet our troubles are overseas. It's the wrong way around, we should pick guys capable of scoring against Sub-continental spin and English swing, because basically any Australian cricketer worth anything can make runs at home (Shaun Marsh is the only recent exception to that rule).

I think Mike Hussey had a Shield average in the 30s and a County average over 60 when he got picked.

They left him out of the 2005 Ashes tour, but picked him in the first Test the following summer.

Hussey was banging the door down in those ODIs too, but Ashes team from memory still carried the glory of that India win. Katich, Clarke, and Martyn all got f***ed off following the Ashes, all got their spots back eventually.

The revolving door policy for batsmen isn't good, but it'd keep a few accountable.

Hussey was banging the door down in those ODIs too, but Ashes team from memory still carried the glory of that India win. Katich, Clarke, and Martyn all got f***ed off following the Ashes, all got their spots back eventually.

The revolving door policy for batsmen isn't good, but it'd keep a few accountable.
Langer and Hayden were washed up by 2005. And the Poms cheated and got MBEs for it so Vaughan could expose himself as a massive ball-tampering hypocrite.

Same. There's no way in my mind that Finch should be picked ahead of Renshaw, but the campaigner made two decent scores. :(

Well at least then he'd get a test in Australia. :rainbow:

Which leads to the most baffling thing of all, we often pick sides based off runs made here, yet our troubles are overseas. It's the wrong way around, we should pick guys capable of scoring against Sub-continental spin and English swing, because basically any Australian cricketer worth anything can make runs at home (Shaun Marsh is the only recent exception to that rule).
He'll get a test all right, a dead rubber.
I wouldn't be surprised our selectors don't even look ahead to the next series.

Langer and Hayden were washed up by 2005. And the Poms cheated and got MBEs for it so Vaughan could expose himself as a massive ball-tampering hypocrite.
The fact some bloke got an MBE for 9 whole runs says a lot.

All this time for Khwajah.

Looked like a superstar in the making when he first came in to the side, 19 reinventions of himself, and at last he has put a stamp on the game that will not be forgotten.

Even if it turns out to be a Tom Boyd moment in time.

What could have been if he wasn't dropped at the first opportunity along the way. Imagine if he'd been given the patience and time to grow that Ponting and S.Waugh got.

He'll get a test all right, a dead rubber.
I wouldn't be surprised our selectors don't even look ahead to the next series.

The fact some bloke got an MBE for 9 whole runs says a lot.

Warnie said it best to Collingwood. MBE = "Must be embarrassed."

All this time for Khwajah.

Looked like a superstar in the making when he first came in to the side, 19 reinventions of himself, and at last he has put a stamp on the game that will not be forgotten.

Even if it turns out to be a Tom Boyd moment in time.

What could have been if he wasn't dropped at the first opportunity along the way. Imagine if he'd been given the patience and time to grow that Ponting and S.Waugh got.

Both got dropped. But your point is accurate, if Khawaja (or Maxwell) got given as many chances as the Marshes have received...

Warnie said it best to Collingwood. MBE = "Must be embarrassed."

Both got dropped. But your point is accurate, if Khawaja (or Maxwell) got given as many chances as the Marshes have received...
Do the Marshes have nude picks of the selectors or something?
It's like they're trying to get something out of them that just isn't there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back