BBL|05 Semi Final - Melbourne Stars vs. Perth Scorchers (Friday 7.40PM local; MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will obviously require updating with teams on gameday but the Stars are most likely to be unchanged whereas the Scorchers will most likely bring in Behrendorff and Paris for Dixon and Richardson.

Sportsbet have the odds as Stars $1.95 vs. Scorchers $1.85.

I think the match will be decided with the battle of the Stars inexperienced T20 bowling line-up vs. the Scorchers underperforming (of late) batting line-up...it's highly unlikely that the Scorchers will capitulate like that again but if the Stars attack can bowl out of their skins again it will go a long way to getting them into the final.

Kevin Pietersen and Brad Hogg are two crucial players that haven't been in the best of form of late and will both be looking to bounce back in a big way.

Going to be an absolute cracking game and hopefully we'll see a crowd of 60k plus!

Discuss.

I'll stand by the OPs; I don't see why this would be too early, it's the semi final after all!

Concerned about how the hostile big crowd may impact the match. We lose this, we only have ourselves to blame for playing away from home.

VJe7lub.png

I hope this changes otherwise I'm not convinced a ball will be bowled, especially if there is thunder at night.

Will be interesting to see if the Stars switch Quiney and Stoinis around and have Bobby open. Stoinis is really struggling at the moment and i think bringing him in later would be good for him. Easier for to him to knock singles around with the field spread then he can launch when he's settled.

Hope Stars bat first if we win the toss, runs on the board in a final. Also stuff trying to chase a total with the Scorchers stingy bowling attack.

Last season, lose to Stars from an unloseable position in last home and away match at MCG. Win semi at WACA

This season, embarrassing loss to Stars in last game of home and away season at WACA. Meeting in semi again, at MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the CA needed to organise reserve days for the finals when doing their summer fixtures. Having a 5 over shootout, might as well toss a coin to see who gets in. Not acceptable for finals.

it happened a couple of years ago with the sixers v scorchers. scorchers completed their innings, with simmo of all people smashing a century. rain came, rain stopped just in time, sixers required about 15 an over off 5 and scorchers ended up winning the title. bit farcical even if it did benefit my team.

I think the CA needed to organise reserve days for the finals when doing their summer fixtures. Having a 5 over shootout, might as well toss a coin to see who gets in. Not acceptable for finals.

it happened a couple of years ago with the sixers v scorchers. scorchers completed their innings, with simmo of all people smashing a century. rain came, rain stopped just in time, sixers required about 15 an over off 5 and scorchers ended up winning the title. bit farcical even if it did benefit my team.
56 off 30 balls with 10 wickets in hand? Sixers should have won that game, was heavily in their favour imo. It took the best 5 over bowling spell I've seen in BBL to restrain them.

I think in the end we were pretty lucky to get a game. They kept saying if the rain didn't stop in 5 minutes they would just abandon the game... but that 5 minutes ended up going for like half an hour lol.

56 off 30 balls with 10 wickets in hand? Sixers should have won that game, was heavily in their favour imo. It took the best 5 over bowling spell I've seen in BBL to restrain them.

I think in the end we were pretty lucky to get a game. They kept saying if the rain didn't stop in 5 minutes they would just abandon the game... but that 5 minutes ended up going for like half an hour lol.

So it was, memory duped me there

Scorchers must be absolutely kicking themselves. Only needed 109 for a home semi and now they have a chance of losing to the stars on default. The two sweetest words in the English language.

Only got themselves to blame though, getting destroyed by the fearsome Worrall.

Scorchers must be absolutely kicking themselves. Only needed 109 for a home semi and now they have a chance of losing to the stars on default. The two sweetest words in the English language.

Only got themselves to blame though, getting destroyed by the fearsome Worrall.
Cant complain really, the rain helped us against you guys in BBL02 semi, maybe it's a leveler now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back