BBL|06 The BIG Final: Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers - 28-01-17 - 4:15 local @ The Furnace

Who will be BBL|06 champion?

• Perth Scorchers

Votes: 47 90.4%
  • Sydney Sixers

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Big chunk of respect to Nathan Lyon as well. Despite his team being clearly on the losing end for most of the day, he spent the best part of five or six overs fielding near the fence and signing stuff for everyone in between every single ball. Plus getting to the beach balls faster than security and throwing them back into the crowd.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Hello.. West Lakes?

Anyhow, it is. It's too far for it to have any major impact on CBD eateries and pubs like Adelaide Oval has (being between both the North Adelaide pub/restaurant scene and the Adelaide scene within easy walking distance).
Completely negating the fact that people who choose to drive will be forced to park in the city and walk across the new pedestrian bridge? The eateries will be fine. After going to a game of footy/cricket people will be taking the bridge back into the city for celebratory schooners too.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/big-bash-league-2016-17/content/story/1079981.html
Richardson hails from Wandi, 45 minutes south of Perth "in the bush" and learnt "everything I know from my brother Tory playing backyard cricket". He is short, lean, has a whippy action and is mighty quick through the air. He hurries batsmen with pace and lift and must perhaps be the only fast bowler on the planet to utter: "I love fielding the most out of the three disciplines of cricket."
Pfft, it's Torz, not Tory.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Completely negating the fact that people who choose to drive will be forced to park in the city and walk across the new pedestrian bridge? The eateries will be fine. After going to a game of footy/cricket people will be taking the bridge back into the city for celebratory schooners too.
3km later. Can just see people doing that.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really like Richardson, different style of fast bowler with his height going against the standard mold of tall giants that have come through in recent years. Whippy sort of action reminds me a lot of the subcontinental quicks you see going around. Pleased he's been so successful and hopefully see him in an Australian lineup sometime soon.

Just a quality squad that gel so well as a group. Everyone knows their role and accepts that some days they might not be required (ie. Voges and Cartwright yesterday) but when their time comes they're ready. Big step up in recent games by Sammy Whiteman too, had a quiet start to the year but now has the momentum to really push his case back with the red ball.

Credit has to go to Mitch Marsh too - kept us in it in the early rounds when we weren't particularly functional.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
All this shows is that you don't even know what the WACA and the Perth CBD are even like.
Been to both, done that. Basically where the Liberal government chose was good to their mates even though the cost was higher. The architects they chose are also some of the worst in Australia and have designed something that closely resembles a dogs water bowl.

Back