BBL|07 - Brisbane Heat vs Perth Scorchers @ The GABBA - 5th January

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt you flog us last season too?

Away from home we did. Think you got us in the return bout as well as the semi IIRC

I wasn’t confident with our batting line up even defending 190 at the Gabba but must admit once Klinger got out early I thought it was game over. Klinger and Turner are the only Perth batsmen in the top 5 that scare me.

That’s T20 for you, if 1,2 or in this case 3 batsmen get hold of an innings it’s hard for the bowlers to restrict it to a reasonable chase. The knock-on being the pressure from ball 1 gets to a weaker batting team such as the scorchers.

The ‘defense’ first strategy of the Scorchers is great in the majority but you’ll have outliers like this game. As a supporter, you just gotta hope it doesn’t happen in the final.

IMO, the David Willey experiment at the top order has been a flop all year.
Someone should also show Agar that there is an off side when batting, has the crossbat blinkers on far too often and plants his feet for the slog way too early

Comprehensive. Perth will still find a way to make the finals and probably win it though.
I think we're in a bit of trouble this season, we get a few bats back but our success has always revolved around our bowling. Going to tip the Strikers from here, their quality attack probably stays together for the whole tournament.

I think we're in a bit of trouble this season, we get a few bats back but our success has always revolved around our bowling. Going to tip the Strikers from here, their quality attack probably stays together for the whole tournament.
Don't rate the Strikers as highly as others. Would go Scorchers from Gades from Heat from Strikers/Canes

Renegades should be favourites from here, no international callups. Even though Head isn't really that good, his absence leaves a big hole in the Strikers batting. Whilst the Scorchers lose basically their whole attack and Lynn going is twice the loss of Head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back