BBL|08 final Melbourne Renegades versus Melbourne Stars @ Marvel Stadium

Who wins their first title?

• Stars

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Renegades

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where you surprised by the way the Stars fell apart.At the end there.

The way they completely fell apart I was. I thought at best we could have had a 10-12 runs needed off the last over situation, not the almost fait accompli we got.

I was at the game (as a nominal Stars' supporter, but more so for the wife and daughter who are far keener) and I had the impression that the total of 145 was a tricky one to chase. Too high to get there in singles and twos but too low to require abandon and risk. It seemed that the openers took the former approach, perhaps to the team's detriment. For whenever the gaps between runs required and balls remaining closed with the rare boundary it would open again with yet another dot. Now I am certainly not blaming Stoinis and Dunk for the calamity that followed is entirely the fault of accomplished batsmen who should have known better, but I actually reckon that had the target been say, 160, the Stars may have won, due to the added urgency the openers would have applied to their stand.

Oh and kudos to Handscomb for making his way to the other side of the ground to sign autographs for the kids for half an hour after the game as they set up the stage for the presentations. Gutsy effort after the appalling way he got out.

This tournament enforced to me the importance of not losing wickets when batting. I used to believe it was okay to almost throw your wicket away going for a slog in this form when your team is in top. This tournament more than previously it seemed to turn games and teams lost from winning positions.

Was like watching a local cricket GF . First team posts an ok but very gettable score , chasing team is coasting along play a few mindless shots then forget how to bat and capitulate.

Just shows anything can happen , some of the batting was diabolical and that’s being generous .

This tournament enforced to me the importance of not losing wickets when batting. I used to believe it was okay to almost throw your wicket away going for a slog in this form when your team is in top. This tournament more than previously it seemed to turn games and teams lost from winning positions.
Personally I'd say depends on the situation with going out to hit big

Nice melt. All I said is that they thought it was in the bag, weren’t focused on just getting the job done & then clearly paid for it.

Is. That. Too. Hard. To. Understand.
Melt?

I think you are seeing things you want to see.

Lots of full stops don't make you seem smarter.

Go back and read what I said, then read your responses. Please don't think you are more clever than everyone else thinks you are.

and just like you’re entitled to like it, so am I allowed to dislike it, by and large done so without saying a word but one little clip at the end isn’t intolerable.

Will never ever get into this crud and really would do anything possible to see it’s removal.
Nobody's forcing you to watch BBL.
Hell, you're the one posting on this thread about the BBL.
I'll just sit back and enjoy the great sport of cricket in all it's forms.

Dunk and Stoinis pretty much set up an easy win. They both did their jobs very well. What the rest were doing i'll never figure out. Some of the most absurd shot making ive seen.

It's as simple as that. Dunk made some runs for once, they seriously have no excuses. Someone quoted Maxwell as saying something like 'we should've had more runs at that point in the game' which is just ridiculous, take some responsibility Glenn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stars would surely have taken 1/93, needing 53 from 42 (7.5 RPO). The game was pretty much dead at that point. Very bizarre, what followed.

Melt?

I think you are seeing things you want to see.

Lots of full stops don't make you seem smarter.

Go back and read what I said, then read your responses. Please don't think you are more clever than everyone else thinks you are.

I was spelling it out for you, as you were too thick to understand it. Still are, apparently. All the best

wzNE8m9.jpg
Are you ever going to change your avatar?

So much lols that the Stars were so happy to play the Renegades...

Worked out well

Of course they were, why wouldn’t you want to play in Melbourne where your fans can go rather than Sydney where it’d probably get washed out...

Besides, Stars fans don’t hate the Renegades, most would have them as their 2nd favourite team. Rather the Gades win than any of the other 6 sides. Titles in Melbourne, Victoria on track to do what no other state has ever done, it’s a good day

Of course they were, why wouldn’t you want to play in Melbourne where your fans can go rather than Sydney where it’d probably get washed out...

Besides, Stars fans don’t hate the Renegades, most would have them as their 2nd favourite team. Rather the Gades win than any of the other 6 sides. Titles in Melbourne, Victoria on track to do what no other state has ever done, it’s a good day
Hang in there, champ. You’ll win the BBL one day.

Back