BBL|08 Game 16: Melbourne Stars v Melbourne Renegades @ Melbourne Cricket Ground

Match result

• Stars win

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Renegades win

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jono Merlo on debut batting at 8 and not bowling. Basically got to the game without a ticket.
I would promote him to 5 here and say "have fun kid" if another wicket falls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this all-star basketball or BBL? I don't think the G could make this more American if they tried.
Just on this, I was there tonight and I thought the “noise pollution” so to speak was far more tolerable than in years gone past at Stars games. The organ playing every few balls or so isn’t too bad, much rather that than s**t music being blasted at full volume after every ball.

Just what we need another average all rounder.

Wade has been much better

Stoinis averaging 25 with the ball compared to Marsh’s 62 this shield season and with the bat he is going at 42.71 with 3 scores in the 80s Marsh 37.7 and that includes a 151.
Stoinis also averaged around 80 in the one day cup. He has form with bat and ball, I’ve got no idea still how Marsh got picked.

Stoinis averaging 25 with the ball compared to Marsh’s 62 this shield season and with the bat he is going at 42.71 with 3 scores in the 80s Marsh 37.7 and that includes a 151.
Stoinis also averaged around 80 in the one day cup. He has form with bat and ball, I’ve got no idea still how Marsh got picked.

In 3 games. Yippee.

You want me to dig up Stoinis’ 4 day form over the last 2 years? Trust me it’s not pretty. He needs to have a season averaging high 40’s minimum. Enough picking guys who have a month worth of form.

We don’t have a test quality AR. We don’t need Marsh and we don’t need Stoinis. We need 6 genuine batsmen.

In 3 games. Yippee.

You want me to dig up Stoinis’ 4 day form over the last 2 years? Trust me it’s not pretty. He needs to have a season averaging high 40’s minimum. Enough picking guys who have a month worth of form.

We don’t have a test quality AR. We don’t need Marsh and we don’t need Stoinis. We need 6 genuine batsmen.

That’s 4 shield and 4 one day matches. Now there’s T20 form.
Look I would pick Wade also but Stoinis is a good cricketer, he does it all including fielding.

That’s 4 shield and 4 one day matches. Now there’s T20 form.
Look I would pick Wade also but Stoinis is a good cricketer, he does it all including fielding.

No that’s 3-4 Shield games. What he does in ODI and t20 Cricket should have zero to do with a test selection. We’ve been burnt way too often picking ODI and t20 cricketers with Finch the most recent one.

Back