Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Renegades win

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No result

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He bowled for 20 years & then at the end he gets a message???

Maybe it was his back injury? Just maybe.

He has been through the being cited, remodelling the action, testing process before.

Not worth it for him if he was again.

Nair from the Thunder was cited and it has taken him like 12 months to be able to bowl again.

Just a strange place to pull the plug immediately with a back injury. He went from playing every game to retired. Just like that. You could take a couple of games off and nurse through the season.

He should be out of the attack. The 2nd high full toss should not have been called but given that it was Meredith should be done.

A front-foot no-ball should absolutely not override a full toss. What if he bowled 2 beamers that were both front-foot no-balls?
The rule isnt you are off after 2 full toss deliveries it is if 2 deliveries are deemed dangerous by the umpires then they are off. TBH the first full toss Meredith bowled would of hit the top of the stumps if Finch didnt inside edge it so and the other was outside off by a foot so not dangerous again. You could bowl 6 over the waist full toss deliveries but if they pose not danger to the batsman then you wont get pulled from the attack.

He has been through the being cited, remodelling the action, testing process before.

Not worth it for him if he was again.

Nair from the Thunder was cited and it has taken him like 12 months to be able to bowl again.

Just a strange place to pull the plug immediately with a back injury. He went from playing every game to retired. Just like that. You could take a couple of games off and nurse through the season.

He was being treated for his back injuries all through the series. It didn't 'just' happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule isnt you are off after 2 full toss deliveries it is if 2 deliveries are deemed dangerous by the umpires then they are off. TBH the first full toss Meredith bowled would of hit the top of the stumps if Finch didnt inside edge it so and the other was outside off by a foot so not dangerous again. You could bowl 6 over the waist full toss deliveries but if they pose not danger to the batsman then you wont get pulled from the attack.
Fair call. No his deliveries were not dangerous. But my question stands, I should look it up.

If a bowler bowls two dangerous deliveries, if one of them is a front-foot no-ball, is he permitted to continue bowling?

Nope, 2 over waist high.

Fair call. No his deliveries were not dangerous. But my question stands, I should look it up.

If a bowler bowls two dangerous deliveries, if one of them is a front-foot no-ball, is he permitted to continue bowling?
No he shouldnt continue bowling. If anything it makes it worse as it gives the batsman less time to react.

It won't be.
Which is WRONG. Tell me you disagree and justify it.

I can guarantee this. If someone does bowl two beamers and one is a front foot no-ball, the umpire will remove the bowler from the attack, regardless of the rules, and neither the bowler nor fielding captain will protest.

Second one was a front foot which made the waist high irrelevant.
So then someone deliberately comes in and bowls a front foot no ball but a beamer at his face for 6 deliveries in a row but doesnt get dragged from the attack by the umpires because they were front foot no balls? That is what you are saying

So then someone deliberately comes in and bowls a front foot no ball but a beamer at his face for 6 deliveries in a row but doesnt get dragged from the attack by the umpires because they were front foot no balls? That is what you are saying
That's the rule.

Back