Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Stars win

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No result

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Heat are getting their second title this year imo. Just have a feeling. And I hope so. After a 14 round season, its bullshit that CA havent changed BBL to accommodate a finals format similar to what the IPL have. The top two teams deserve a second chance similar to how the AFL and NRL operate. What we have now worked well in a 7 or 10 round competition. But to finish top after 14 rounds and lose your first final, in a sport so even as cricket with not much of a home ground advantage, is unacceptable.

In any sport, regardless of teams having a double chance or not, one thing I would love to see is no coin toss. The higher ranked team has earned the right to host and in my opinion should be given as many advantages as possible. Hobart should automatically get to choose if they want to bat or bowl first.

Furthermore to your post, would you believe that of the 7 BBL winners, the least successful finishing position has been 1st?

2nd, 3rd and 4th have won 2 titles each while the minor premier has only won once (Perth in BBL|06).

Heat are getting their second title this year imo. Just have a feeling. And I hope so. After a 14 round season, its bullshit that CA havent changed BBL to accommodate a finals format similar to what the IPL have. The top two teams deserve a second chance similar to how the AFL and NRL operate. What we have now worked well in a 7 or 10 round competition. But to finish top after 14 rounds and lose your first final, in a sport so even as cricket with not much of a home ground advantage, is unacceptable.

Home ground advantage is still a fair bit though. I do prefer the IPL system though

Heat are getting their second title this year imo. Just have a feeling.

So you too have been visited by THE VISION?

Glad to have a Sandgroper on the bandwagon. Although I can understand the general consensus wanting to see Hobart winning their first plus they are a likeable side.

In any sport, regardless of teams having a double chance or not, one thing I would love to see is no coin toss. The higher ranked team has earned the right to host and in my opinion should be given as many advantages as possible. Hobart should automatically get to choose if they want to bat or bowl first.

I actually like this idea and think it is extremely feasible. Especially as everyone has continued to highlight how much better the Canes are chasing a total rather than defending so it would be a great reward for them to be able to choose. The flip side of that is knowing what they are going to do gives curators a green light to ‘manicure’ a pitch to guarantee a title.

Bryant has future Australian star written all over him.

Most pleasing thing about his innings as well as Cutting was how they were playing proper cricket shots with a majority of them played through the line in the V and just clearing fielders with absolute ease.

Everyone can say the pressure was off after 6 overs with the start we had but the pressure was still on to win as quick as possible to boost that NRR as high as possible to all but end the Thunders chances of sneaking in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's Sam Heazlett at these days? Yeah...
I agree Bryant should be nowhere near the WC squad, but I'd argue Bryant is a comfortably better prospect than Heazlett ever was tbh.

Let's see how he looks after 30-40 innings in the Shield, eh?
I was of the belief we were talking about short format cricket? He's had very impressive debut seasons in both shorter forms of the game.

I was of the belief we were talking about short format cricket? He's had very impressive debut seasons in both shorter forms of the game.

That's great, and he has. I'm trying not to pidgeon-hole him just as a short-form basher at age 19. I'd like to see if he has something more in the longer formats before anointing him as anything.

That's great, and he has. I'm trying not to pidgeon-hole him just as a short-form basher at age 19. I'd like to see if he has something more in the longer formats before anointing him as anything.
Fair enough. I think strictly talking about shorter format cricket, there's no reason he can't be a regular member of the Australian side in a few years. To be honest, there's no reason Heazlett can't be either. Failed in one ODI as a 21 year old, but his List A stats are superb.

Back