BBL BBL|08 Semi-Final 1: Hobart Hurricanes v Melbourne Stars @ Blundstone Arena

Who will go through to the BBL|08 Grand Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the last 5 overs or so, was absolutely gobsmacked by the lack of pressure and intensity applied by Hobart when the game was in the balance. It was the easiest game to close out for Maxwell and Gotch, which leads me to James Faulkner; what an absolute disastrous example of death bowling. Can he only bowl a slower ball out of the back of his hand? He would bowl this 4-6 balls. His slower ball bouncers were absolutely horrendous. Absolute pie bowling. Combine that with the smirk on his face when he was bowling rubbish and Hobart are carrying a liability.

Faulkner, wtf was that spell son ?
The worst display of bowling I’ve ever seen at the death. Not to mention a semi final. Absolutely pathetic. He literally can only bowl a slower ball. Two rubbish bouncers at about 110km out of the back of his hand. That was the easiest game to win for Maxwell and Gotch.

So you're another one that struggles to understand how this competition works.

The highest ranked finalist earns the right to host the final. The Stars finished 4th, hence they can not be the highest ranked finalist.

Hence, any discussion of a final at the MCG just makes people sound like idiots.
I'm too used to how the AFL does it.

The worst display of bowling I’ve ever seen at the death. Not to mention a semi final. Absolutely pathetic. He literally can only bowl a slower ball. Two rubbish bouncers at about 110km out of the back of his hand. That was the easiest game to win for Maxwell and Gotch.

I’ve seen worse, every James Faulkner game for the Stars in the first 7 seasons...

Oh well. Hoping for an all Melbourne big final now. I wonder what would happen if that was the case. CA would love to have the game at the MCG but the Renegades would be the home team, so the game would be at Etihad?

I'm a Renegades fan and I can't for the life of me understand why any Renegades supporter would want the game played at Etihad. The Renegades have dominated away from home this year and have struggled at Etihad the last couple of years. The Renegades seem to have no real advantage at the venue. Not to mention the Renegades historically have a much better record vs the Stars at the MCG. The Renegades have only ever beaten the Stars once at Etihad in 7 games there..

Bring on the MCG

No one wants to play at Marvel, not even the renegades.
Finch as captain I can guarantee he would prefer it at the G.
However in saying that you wouldn’t want to move it and it rains, that would be funny.

Absolutely. Would would any elite, professional sportsman want to play at Marvel over the MCG? Madness.

I’ve seen worse, every James Faulkner game for the Stars in the first 7 seasons...
But last night was a semi final, it was the prelude to the biggest match all year and for him to come on and produce that rubbish cost them the game. I am serious. Lack of pressure, lack of a plan, inability to bowl to a field, I mean what is he thinking? He seriously has no variety. Back of the hand slower ball, almost every single ball. Then he bowls a bouncer outside off at rat pace?

He shouldn’t be on a BBL list next year. He adds nothing.

Incredibly bad, it was if he wasn't trying

But last night was a semi final, it was the prelude to the biggest match all year and for him to come on and produce that rubbish cost them the game. I am serious. Lack of pressure, lack of a plan, inability to bowl to a field, I mean what is he thinking? He seriously has no variety. Back of the hand slower ball, almost every single ball. Then he bowls a bouncer outside off at rat pace?

He shouldn’t be on a BBL list next year. He adds nothing.

And he has played 6 semi finals prior and done the exact same thing!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that big a deal in the BBL where winning the toss is far more important at any given ground. The season needs more relevance rather than just playing for a home game.
Honestly don't care. They have an advantage. The 1 v 2, 3 v 4 system makes sense, but a home final is a home final

I'm a Renegades fan and I can't for the life of me understand why any Renegades supporter would want the game played at Etihad. The Renegades have dominated away from home this year and have struggled at Etihad the last couple of years. The Renegades seem to have no real advantage at the venue. Not to mention the Renegades historically have a much better record vs the Stars at the MCG. The Renegades have only ever beaten the Stars once at Etihad in 7 games there..

Bring on the MCG
That's because the Stars have usually been better than Renegades overall.

If they move it this time, then they will move every Renegade final and at that point, why even bother having a team playing out of Marvel Stadium?

That's because the Stars have usually been better than Renegades overall.

If they move it this time, then they will move every Renegade final and at that point, why even bother having a team playing out of Marvel Stadium?

Not every Gades final as tonight will show, Marvel is more than sufficient, but a derby final should definitely be moved.

Honestly don't care. They have an advantage. The 1 v 2, 3 v 4 system makes sense, but a home final is a home final
Its extremely minimal though due to the coin toss being far more important on the day and the system could be improved to make finishing top 2 and thus the season they have spent the whole time playing more relevent.

It will change to this because it's a better model.

In NFL you finish top 2 you’re out straight away if you lose your divisional round.

After earning home field advantage + the first week off.

Plus it would be further unfair if some division winners got a second chance while other division winners did not.

Do people still pretend Docklands is unfathomably bad because it isn't a MCG clone? Usually MCC members on BigFooty (gee wonder why they don't like it...)

After earning home field advantage + the first week off.

Plus it would be further unfair if some division winners got a second chance while other division winners did not.
True I was just focusing on you have one crack and if you lose you’re out.

Back