BBL BBL 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a look at the scorchers squad - we must be the only team who pick international players who aren’t in our best XI

I’m assuming we are banking on players getting selected for higher honours

But I don’t see qadir being picked over agar given his performance last year

And Willey is going to struggle to be ahead of behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Richardson and Tye

Had a look at the scorchers squad - we must be the only team who pick international players who aren’t in our best XI

And Willey is going to struggle to be ahead of behrendorff, Coulter-Nile, Richardson and Tye

Willey should be a certain starter. Swings the new ball and is a hard hitter. Has a great T20 record. Strikers should use him at the top of the order more, he has 2 T20 centuries.

Would like to see the odds of CN and Behrendorff getting through without an injury.
Both will probably be rested as well.

Tye will be a lock for Australia and Agar and Richardson are chances.
Willey be one of the first picked.

You're right though, the Scorchers don't usually go for the big names players.

Willey should be a certain starter. Swings the new ball and is a hard hitter. Has a great T20 record. Strikers should use him at the top of the order more, he has 2 T20 centuries.
IIRC he opened in 4 or 5 games last season and did s**t all in all bar one game from memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have barely any batsman, yet their bowling doesn't look great either. Can't believe they were runners up last season

Most of the teams look pretty average tbh with the Australian players removed. BBL goes to show the lack of depth around the country save for Perth.

I actually walked past Botha today in the CBD. Probably the only person that recognised him.

Hobart signed Doolan as their last player.

Short
Doolan
+Wade
McDermott
Bailey
Milenko
Faulkner
Botha
Archer
Rose
Mills

What is everyone else's starting XIs for game 1?

Most of the teams look pretty average tbh with the Australian players removed. BBL goes to show the lack of depth around the country save for Perth.

I actually walked past Botha today in the CBD. Probably the only person that recognised him.

Short
Doolan
+Wade
McDermott
Bailey
Milenko
Faulkner
Botha
Archer
Rose
Mills

I was thinking that when I was looking through the teams. None of them look impressive, if I had to pick a winner I’d say either Heat or the Scorchers.

T20

Short
Doolan
+Wade
McDermott
Bailey
Milenko
Faulkner
Botha
Archer
Rose
Mills

T20 master Alex Doolan

Tymal Mills says hi.

And Sangakkara and Shah and the Pakistani guy that is married to Mirza.

It's an annual thing with Hobart.

Difference is that when we pick them we aren't necessarily expecting them to best XI.

Hobart does, but they flop.

Dwayne Leverock would be the highest paid player in BBL history

Leverock? That's so last decade. Rakheem Cornwall is where it's at.

lRR5ARi.jpg

Do people really care about the franchises? I watch a few games but have never felt any attachment to "Melbourne Red" or "Melbourne Green". The marketing has been very forced, and could see interest drop off quickly
The 8 year old kids who make up the target market won't give a s**t about how the teams were established. If they grow up with it, it'll be as real as any other rivalry.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-10/batt-flip-to-replace-coin-toss-in-bbl/10602734

Can't wait for someone to flip the bat into someone's face, it's going to hurt a bit more than a coin would that's for sure.
I set the over/under at 2 seasons before electric wickie.

Nick Larkin will apparently be the replacement.

Seems strange Pukovski isn't playing. Must be his call you would think.

Larkin deserves a gig somewhere so good on him but yeah would've thought Pucovski would get a contract if he wanted one especially considering Travis Dean has one. Perhaps he negotiated a better Victorian contract or something, who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back