BBL BBL|09 Game 12: Perth Scorchers v Sydney Sixers @ Optus Stadium Dec 26th 2019 7:10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

What's a bigger problem for the Scorchers? Batting or bowling. Looking at that batting lineup they should be a lot better than their performances suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see why Saun Abbott got a national call up for T20.
Can Ahmed get some Sixers like he done a few games ago.

What's a bigger problem for the Scorchers? Batting or bowling. Looking at that batting lineup they should be a lot better than their performances suggest.

Batting for sure. They don't have the mental capacity for a run chase. They just don't. They are not capable of chasing down a par score. The bowling yesterday was OK apart from that last over.

I tend to agree.

Makes it bewildering why we keep opting to bowl first.

It just seems to be the conventional wisdom in T20 cricket these days: win the toss and bowl first so you know how many you are chasing. Problem with batting first is that you never know if it is going to be enough.

But the problem with batting second is the run-rate pressure building up if you have a bit of a flat patch, either a bad start or a bit of a collapse. Right now this seems to afflict the Scorchers. The only game they have won so far was batting first with a bit of freedom on a good pitch.

It just seems to be the conventional wisdom in T20 cricket these days: win the toss and bowl first so you know how many you are chasing. Problem with batting first is that you never know if it is going to be enough.

But the problem with batting second is the run-rate pressure building up if you have a bit of a flat patch, either a bad start or a bit of a collapse. Right now this seems to afflict the Scorchers. The only game they have won so far was batting first with a bit of freedom on a good pitch.
Don't quote me but I thought one of the commentators said the last 3 games at Optus were won by the side winning the toss and batting first.

I don't have faith in MM as a captain and Voges as the coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back