BBL BBL|09 Game 15: Melbourne Renegades v Adelaide Strikers @ Marvel Stadium 29th Dec 2019 7:10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

No way would I be locking either Sydney side into the 4 just yet. Hurricanes will be there no doubt about it.

It’s a weird fixture, Sixers have played and beaten the Scorchers twice which helps their spot. By tomorrow the Hurricanes and Stars will have played each other twice as well

Be hard to get a read on top 5 for a while, Heat still have the most dangerous batting lineup if it fires especially when AB arrives

It’s a weird fixture, ...
It sure is.
The Strikers play the Sixers back-to-back within 3 days.

Imagine if that happened in an AFL season?...same team one weekend to the next.

Edit: Hang on....we also play the Heat B2B 3 days apart as well. WTF?

It sure is.
The Strikers play the Sixers back-to-back within 3 days.

Imagine if that happened in an AFL season?...same team one weekend to the next.

Edit: Hang on....we also play the Heat B2B 3 days apart as well. WTF?

Taking a leaf out of the NBL fixturing book playing the same team twice in 3 days.

It can be good if the first game is an absolute cracker, it's like having a part 2 right away. It can be interesting to see how each side tries to quickly adapt after learning from the first game, or how they go playing a game at home and then also away.

But you can also get really sick of seeing the same teams playing each other again lol.

Umpire produced the best moment of the BBL this year. Don't see what the fuss is about.

At first I thought the same but
1) I usually hate it when people say things like this but it sets a terrible precedent and example for Cricket umpires around the country in all grades.

2) The players on both teams thought he was out. Someone could of been run out.

3) He clearly planned to do it for some media time when the opportunity arose.

4) He missed a plumb LBW and no there was no bat before pad.

Last edited:
1) I usually hate it when people say things like this but it sets a terrible precedent and example for Cricket umpires around the country in all grades.

2) The players on both teams thought he was out. Someone could if been run out.

It was strange that the telecast didn't really review the decision itself.

2) The players on both teams thought he was out. Someone could of been run out.

Mate even your own player said it wasn't out due to him hitting it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this, white was shocked that he was about to give it out

White was repeating what the umpire told him to explain what happened. He said on radio he was following the umpires decision. He doesn't want a huge fine.He clearly didn't hit it.

I have no problem with umpires making mistakes or changing their minds. I do have a problem with people encouraging umpires to do that for the theatre.

Last edited:
I think he did hit it

The ball squirted a long way away on the leg side and at decent pace. If it was just off the pad I doubt it would have done that

The microphones/cameras don't seem as high tech at the BBL games so harder to pick up fine edges

White is right in that you'd rather an umpire admitted an error and got the decision right rather than continue on with a wrong decision to save face.

However he created a farcical situation where Carey and Rashid were celebrating rather than worrying about the live ball and the batter started wandering off instead of running.

The umpire is lucky something else didn't occur on the delivery (run out, overthrows) due to the confusion he created.

Only 2 wins behind 5th with 10 games left.

I don't give them much chance to win more than 50/50, or 5 out of those 10.

5th place isn't much hope of a grand final, let alone a win. They'd have to play every other team and eliminate them all. Really you want to finish top 2, or 3rd at worst to have a decent crack at it. Sure they've extended the finals to make it a top 5 instead of a top 4, but at the expense of making it easier for the top 2 and harder for 4 and 5.

Plus, as someone else has already pointed out, they will lose players to international duties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back