BBL BBL|09 Game 27: Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Sixers @ Adelaide Oval 8th Jan 2020 3:40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

31 off 38 by batsmen who aren't Weatherald

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, he's just struggling to adapt to not opening. He's eaten up a massive number of balls for not much this BBL.

Have we been watching the same Carey this year? Before today his numbers read:

45 (40)
55 (24)
45 (45)
41 (37)
19 (11)
29 (31)

Ranked 8th overall for total runs striking at 124.5, and has played a game less than four players ahead of him. Considering he's had to rebuild in basically every game, he's been bloody good.

The Carey criticism is harsh. He hasn't been at his absolute fluent best but he's still putting together a good tournament. Second on the runs. Striking at 122. I think teams have just bowled to him well. He strives when given width outside off and they've bowled very straight at him.

45 (40)
55 (24)
45 (45)
41 (37)
19 (11)
29 (31)

Ranked 8th overall for total runs striking at 124.5, and has played a game less than three players ahead of him. Considering he's had to rebuild in basically every game, he's been bloody good.
That SR is heavily skewed by one innings though. Excluding that he's striking at 110, which for facing 5-7 overs a game isn't great.

That SR is heavily skewed by one innings though. Excluding that he's striking at 110, which for facing 5-7 overs a game isn't great.

That's true, but that particular innings proved to be a match-winning one. I don't think it's fair to take that away from him.

45 (40)
55 (24)
45 (45)
41 (37)
19 (11)
29 (31)

Ranked 8th overall for total runs striking at 124.5, and has played a game less than four players ahead of him. Considering he's had to rebuild in basically every game, he's been bloody good.
At one point he'd faced the most balls of anyone this season I think. Those long ~run-a-ball innings kill you in T20 unless you're chasing a low total and have the required rate in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back