BBL BBL|09 Game 45: Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars @ SCG 20th Jan 2020 6:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Sixers (6W 4L 1NR Net Run Rate -0.029)
  • 21. Moises HENRIQUES (c)
  • 32. Justin AVENDANO
  • 33. Jackson BIRD
  • 59. Tom CURRAN
  • 27. Ben DWARSHUIS
  • 78. Mickey EDWARDS
  • 16. Daniel HUGHES
  • 67. Nathan LYON
  • 72. Steve O'KEEFE
  • 22. Josh PHILIPPE (+)
  • 7. Lloyd POPE
  • 14. Jordan SILK
  • 9. James VINCE

In: M.Edwards, Pope
Out:

Unchanged XIII

Melbourne Stars (10W 1L Net Run Rate +1.173)
  • 32. Glenn MAXWELL (c)
  • 35. Hilton CARTWRIGHT
  • 9. Jackson COLEMAN
  • 51. Ben DUNK
  • 13. Seb GOTCH (+)
  • 23. Clint HINCHLIFFE
  • 25. Sandeep LAMICCHANE
  • 36. Nick LARKIN
  • 53. Nic MADDINSON
  • 12. Jonathan MERLO
  • 28. Lance MORRIS
  • 16. Marcus STOINIS
  • 17. Daniel WORRALL

In: Coleman, Dunk, Merlo
Out: Nathan COULTER-NILE (rested)

Last edited:

A double header on a Monday? And after the tennis has started? o_O

Who was the moron that did the scheduling?

Good.

Round 1 games in the tennis are a bore! They are just cakewalks.

When should they have played these games?
Double headers would have made more sense between Xmas and and last weekend when more people were likely to be off work and therefore able to watch/attend.

This isn't the first odd day they decided to schedule a double header - off the top of my head they did the same on Jan 2nd, when Jan 1st would have made more sense

Double headers would have made more sense between Xmas and and last weekend when more people were likely to be off work and therefore able to watch/attend.

This isn't the first odd day they decided to schedule a double header - off the top of my head they did the same on Jan 2nd, when Jan 1st would have made more sense

Neither game is in Melbourne so what's the big deal?

A double header on a Monday? And after the tennis has started? o_O

Who was the moron that did the scheduling?
I’m not even watching the BBL tonight, got Ash Barty to watch instead. My Melbourne stars should win anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On New Years Day maybe?
Couldn't play the Sixers-Stars game then as the SCG was being prepared for the Test match and you couldn't play the Thunder-Scorchers game for multiple reasons including the Thunder playing both the day before and the day after it as well as the whole Scorchers already playing on NY Day.

Couldn't play the Sixers-Stars game then as the SCG was being prepared for the Test match and you couldn't play the Thunder-Scorchers game for multiple reasons including the Thunder playing both the day before and the day after it as well as the whole Scorchers already playing on NY Day.
So schedule the double headers and work backwards from there?

Theres too many matches, I lose track of who’s playing half the time 😂

There's a few severe storm cells passing through Sydney ATM. Hopefully the worst is past, but don't be surprised if there's some rain delay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back