BBL BBL|09 Game 48: Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Stars @ Adelaide Oval 22nd Jan 2020 7:10pm AEDT

Adelaide Strikers (6W 4L 1NR Net Run Rate +0.649)
  • 34. Travis HEAD (c)
  • 21. Wes AGAR
  • 5. Alex CAREY (+)
  • 13. Harry CONWAY
  • 19. Rashid KHAN
  • 20. Michael NESER
  • 9. Liam O'CONNOR
  • 1. Phil SALT
  • 2. Matthew SHORT
  • 64. Peter SIDDLE
  • 3. Billy STANLAKE
  • 28. Jake WEATHERALD
  • 29. Jon WELLS

In: Carey, Conway, Stanlake
Out: Harry NIELSEN (omitted)

Melbourne Stars (10W 2L Net Run Rate +1.006)
  • 32. Glenn MAXWELL (c)
  • 35. Hilton CARTWRIGHT
  • 51. Ben DUNK
  • 13. Seb GOTCH (+)
  • 54. Peter HANDSCOMB (+)
  • 23. Clint HINCHLIFFE
  • 25. Sandeep LAMICCHANE
  • 36. Nick LARKIN
  • 53. Nic MADDINSON
  • 28. Lance MORRIS
  • 16. Marcus STOINIS
  • 17. Daniel WORRALL
  • 63. Adam ZAMPA

In: Dunk, Handscomb, Zampa
Out: Jonathan MERLO (omitted)

Jackson COLEMAN omitted from the XIII

Last edited:

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Still no decent seamers for the Stars. Hopefully its a nice pitch for seam bowling

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
And Merlo out? Crap. Dude was barely even grade standard. I assume he won some ‘spend $100’ and go in the running to play for the Melbourne Stars competition?

Thanks to him and the medium paced crap from that other dude last game the Sixers made a score they had no right getting. Put any of Zampa, Rauf or Coulter-Nile back in that team and the Sixers don’t win and the strikers are still second.

And Merlo out? Crap. Dude was barely even grade standard. I assume he won some ‘spend $100’ and go in the running to play for the Melbourne Stars competition?

Thanks to him and the medium paced crap from that other dude last game the Sixers made a score they had no right getting. Put any of Zampa, Rauf or Coulter-Nile back in that team and the Sixers don’t win and the strikers are still second.

Morris is still there lol

He's 21 years old. * me, not everyone has to be Will Pucovski or Marnus Labuschagne.

As for the "Grade Standard comment" he's averaging a tad under 40 in Grade/2nd XI cricket this year.

So s**t then?
Thanks for the validation despite apparently disagreeing with me.
Let's put it in perspective then. Cam White, when 21, was averaging 32 in Grade cricket. Now he's no superstar, but at the very least he went on to have an excellent FC career.

But yeah, he's definitely crap :rolleyes:

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
First Strikers night game since their game against the Sixers at Coffs Harbour - their last 5 matches have been day games.

Nah, they had that game in Brisbane last week where they really stunk it up was D/N at the Gabba. Also they had a D/N game at Launceston.

The Strikers are a huge chance. The Stars bowling looks ordinary now apart from Zampa while the Strikers have the bowling weapons to potentially trouble Stoinis and Maxwell. Carey adds another big name to the batting order so I’m happy to row with Adelaide in this one.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Scheduling has been pretty ordinary for Strikers fans.

And CA are being repaid in full tonight. Lucky to be 10k here tonight.

Also doesn’t help that Ticketek were saying there were limited tickets available. Today it said the bay I’m in had 4 seats left. It’s barely 1/4 full (with the seats around me being unsold all season, even for the NYE match).

Back