BBL BBL|09 Game 50: Hobart Hurricanes v Sydney Thunder @ Blundstone Arena 24th Jan 2020 6:10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Possibly the lowest bbl crowd in Hobart since the earliest years.

Disappointing, but probably understandable.

I love the ground when I'm actually there. Its just a prick to get near the place at such times.

For such a small city the traffic gets squished trying to get through the city from the southern & northern suburbs, then funnelled onto the bridge & through Rosny to Bellerive. Between 5-6pm would be the worst time, just when people would want to go. It crawls along & you hope their are no prangs because it would grind to a complete halt real quick.

I had no intension of trying to get there. I've been stuck in that conga line before. Its on TV, mate comes in from over the road for a Friday beer, why bother.

Mr Taswegian

Roo Man
May 25, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disappointing, but probably understandable.

I love the ground when I'm actually there. Its just a prick to get near the place at such times.

For such a small city the traffic gets squished trying to get through the city from the southern & northern suburbs, then funnelled onto the bridge & through Rosny to Bellerive. Between 5-6pm would be the worst time, just when people would want to go. It crawls along & you hope their are no prangs because it would grind to a complete halt real quick.

I had no intension of trying to get there. I've been stuck in that conga line before. Its on TV, mate comes in from over the road for a Friday beer, why bother.
The crowds have been way down up here in Launceston this year too,something needs to be done to reverse this big decline in crowds from year to year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back