BBL BBL|09 Game 54: Sydney Thunder v Perth Scorchers @ Sydney Showgrounds 26th Jan 2020 2:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Not great bowling from Kelly but he should never have been left to bowl the last over.

Mind you Morkel probably wouldn't have been much better.

100% the right call to have kelly bowl that over - he just didn't execute under pressure - he's been underwhelming this year

Given we are missing 3 bowlers - our bowling is still quite strong

Hopefully Dorff and Tye are back fit and firing next year - means we can get another international batter in

Agar/Dorff/Tye/Ahmed/Richo is pretty formidable

100% the right call to have kelly bowl that over - he just didn't execute under pressure - he's been underwhelming this year

Hopefully Dorff and Tye are back fit and firing next year - means we can get another international batter in

Hopefully keep Ahmed for next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agar has fallen off a cliff and Tye is it what he used to be.
Kelly dropping off this year has really hurt us.

There's been some talented Perth players out of form and some unfortunate injuries, I imagine an in-form AJ Tye, Behrendorff, Turner, Patterson and Green may have made a greater difference over all.

But to be honest I think the real difference has been Voges as coach, he doesn't appear to get the best out of his players or possess the ability to make shrewd/tough decisions.

I know a few people that work in the WACA system and he doesn't command 1/10th the respect Langer had, and that also may contribute in explaining the large number of walk-outs from WA players the last 2 years.

Ridiculous converting a player/captain into a coach immediately, it'd be unimaginable in any other sport - AFL, Soccer, Rugby, just would never happen.

Kelly had his chance to be the hero....and f’ed it up with 2 half volleys.

nah Mitch should of bowled it

step up and be a man

There's been some talented Perth players out of form and some unfortunate injuries, I imagine an in-form AJ Tye, Behrendorff, Turner, Patterson and Green may have made a greater difference over all.

But to be honest I think the real difference has been Voges as coach, he doesn't appear to get the best out of his players or possess the ability to make shrewd/tough decisions.

I know a few people that work in the WACA system and he doesn't command 1/10th the respect Langer had, and that also may contribute in explaining the large number of walk-outs from WA players the last 2 years.

Ridiculous converting a player/captain into a coach immediately, it'd be unimaginable in any other sport - AFL, Soccer, Rugby, just would never happen.

Yup top post

Voges is a lemon did win the odi cup though

needs to win the shield this year if he is going to be a good coach otherwise sack him

My biggest gripe has been the amount of wa players leaving I understand that you can lose some but losing marsh Cartwright coulter is criminal plus losing Phillipe who is such class ..you cannot compete and will not win anything

Yup top post

needs to win the shield this year if he is going to be a good coach otherwise sack him

My biggest gripe has been the amount of wa players leaving I understand that you can lose some but losing marsh Cartwright coulter is criminal plus losing Phillipe who is such class ..you cannot compete and will not win anything

I'm not sure what the salary system is, does every team get the same?

It appeared Langer was able to ensure loyalty even when bigger pay packets were available elsewhere. Voges doesn't have the same capacity.

Another thing that's bugged me about Voges, his incessant whining about the DRS and other minor technicalities in the game. Breeds victimhood in your players.

Yup top post

My granny could've coached that ODI side to the title.

Yep, I don't know why players are all of a sudden leaving.
Marsh and CN are big losses.

Yup top post

Well not unless you can replace them anyway. Which they haven't.

The thing about the OD cup is that no-one gives a s**t. But a decent Scorchers team will get 40k+ a game. And I get the feeling the WACA have penny pinched a bit in letting the Scorchers rot away after Langer left, not realising that it's probably cost them more money.

I'm not sure what the salary system is, does every team get the same?

It appeared Langer was able to ensure loyalty even when bigger pay packets were available elsewhere. Voges doesn't have the same capacity.

Another thing that's bugged me about Voges, his incessant whining about the DRS and other minor technicalities in the game. Breeds victimhood in your players.

Mitch Marsh, Agar and Tye all lost national contracts and Shaun Marsh will this year so they would have asked for more money from the Scorchers which pushed the older guys out.

Easy to play for unders at the Scorchers when you are on hundreds of thousands from central contracts. When they are taken away you can't do that anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back