BBL BBL|09 Game 57 "The Eliminator": Hobart Hurricanes v Sydney Thunder @ Blundstone Arena 30th Jan 2020 7:40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

As a born and bred Tasmanian my heart so wants to support this team. But holy s**t, is there a sporting team in the country more adept at building you up and getting you excited before letting you down?

I'm with Ricky by the way - * off the music, it's 100% of the reason that I don't go to BBL games any more.

As a born and bred Tasmanian my heart so wants to support this team. But holy s**t, is there a sporting team in the country more adept at building you up and getting you excited before letting you down?
Brisbane Heat? Look like being capable of making 220 on paper only to be bowled for 102 every week.

Brisbane Heat? Look like being capable of making 220 on paper only to be bowled for 102 every week.
Sugarcanes suporters are just a little salty because the strikers gifted them a win and made figjam look sensational by bowling billy stanklake last game. Pointing is included, the sounds are what keep families interested in going so the kids can have fun and aren’t completely bored for 4 hours. Or maybe Ricky’s rug is just a little too tight these days

Maybe getting rid of shitty music and all the crap over the PA could be an idea.
I'd accept some new shitty music and sound effects

The five they've rotated on loop for the last 8 years have done their dash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comment from Rahul Dravid

Someone on twitter posted a snippett from his book

Said that fielding in T20 is overrated. That a younger, more athletic fielder may indeed save a couple of extra runs with dives, ground fielding and being quick across the turf compared to an older, more experienced player.

But if they bowl a full toss under pressure or a 7 ball over, or aren't quite as adept at rotating the strike from Ball 1 that any benefit their fielding brings is instantly erased. And then some.

Typically the experienced player's catching is as good (or better)

He said you need 4 good fielders in the hot spots but with the rest you just want the best batters/bowlers. Can hide a few old fatties in the field. Don't use fielding in the selection criteria.

Is there a more overrated player than this McDermott dude.
He's got talent but he has real issues. Along with several other players on the outskirts of the Australian limited overs teams, he is atrocious at rotating the strike. Is also a very slow starter. It does not make for a useful team player. Pretty much is only useful if he goes big and catches up on his strike rate. I wouldn't have him near the national set up at this stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back