BBL BBL|09 Game 60 "The Challenger": Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder @ MCG 6th Feb 2020 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Stars (10W 4L Net Run Rate +0.526)
  • 32. Glenn MAXWELL (c)
  • 7. Nathan COULTER-NILE
  • 51. Ben DUNK
  • 13. Seb GOTCH (+)
  • 54. Peter HANDSCOMB
  • 23. Clint HINCHLIFFE
  • 72. Dilbar HUSSAIN
  • 36. Nick LARKIN
  • 53. Nic MADDINSON
  • 77. Haris RAUF
  • 16. Marcus STOINIS
  • 17. Daniel WORRALL
  • 63. Adam ZAMPA

In: Dunk, Hussain
Out:

Unchanged XIII

Sydney Thunder (6W 7L 1NR Net Run Rate -0.446)
  • 12. Callum FERGUSON (c)
  • 50. Jono COOK
  • 35. Brendan DOGGETT
  • 22. Matthew GILKES (+)
  • 6. Alex HALES
  • 18. Usman KHAWAJA
  • 70. Jay LENTON (+)
  • 44. Nathan McANDREW
  • 5. Chris MORRIS
  • 7. Arjun NAIR
  • 49. Alex ROSS
  • 60. Daniel SAMS
  • 20. Chris TREMAIN

In: Gilkes, McAndrew
Out:

Liam BOWE omitted from the XIII

Gilkes has come into the squad as standby for Lenton who may not play as his wife is due to give birth soon.

Past Meetings
Game 19 @ Sydney Showgrounds
Sydney Thunder 142 [20] (A.Ross 40[32], H.Rauf 3/24[4], G.Maxwell 3/17[2])
Melbourne Stars 7/143[19.4] (N.Larkin 65[48], M.Stoinis 58[51], D.Sams 3/25[4], N.McAndrew 2/22[3.4])
Stars win by 3 wickets

Game 28 @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
Sydney Thunder 5/145 [20] (M.Gilkes 41[35], C.Ferguson 35[27], H.Rauf 3/23[4])
Melbourne Stars 4/143[17.5] (G.Maxwell 59*[37], M.Stoinis 50[44], A.Nair 1/15[2])
Stars win by 5 wickets

Weather
1580871383138.png

Unlikely you’d think, but who knows?

It hardly seems worth making a change when Dunk is just as useless
Plus Gotch is the best keeper in the squad, and Maddinson a better fielder. Two tangible additions in the side

Reckon we will get a better crowd this game than last week.

Hope the stars get more from their batting line-up as well.

Their batting looks very thin with only stoinis and Maxwell in any form but no one would have predicted the massive decline in maddinson and dunk and Handscomb being horribly out of form.

Dunks fall off a cliff form wise means gotch plays who whilst being a better keeper will only make a run a ball 10-15 rather than big hitting in the middle.

Interesting to see what order they run with whether they stick with maddinson at the top or promote a Coulter Nile or even Hinchliffe

is Dunk getting a game ahead of Gotch or Maddinson?
Dunk should get another chance, but he won't. I bet Maddo continues to get chance after chance :rolleyes:

Plus Gotch is the best keeper in the squad, and Maddinson a better fielder. Two tangible additions in the side
Dunks fielding is fine. We need another bloke that can actually hit a long ball. I can't remember the last time Maddo flushed a ball.
Plus Maddo can bowl!
Barely. He won't need to with Zampa, Maxwell and Hinchliffe in the side. Hinchy looked much better with the bat last game too.

Dunk should get another chance, but he won't. I bet Maddo continues to get chance after chance :rolleyes:

Dunks fielding is fine. We need another bloke that can actually hit a long ball. I can't remember the last time Maddo flushed a ball.

Barely. He won't need to with Zampa, Maxwell and Hinchliffe in the side. Hinchy looked much better with the bat last game too.
Dunk is slow with a custard arm, who has averaged 12 in this season. Let's not pretend that Dunk is a far superior batsman on the evidence of this season. At least Maddinson is a good fielder.

Dunk is slow with a custard arm, who has averaged 12 in this season. Let's not pretend that Dunk is a far superior batsman on the evidence of this season. At least Maddinson is a good fielder.
He's got good hands.

I didn't say he's far superior, they've both been shocking. But he's still got a better average and strike rate but hasn't got near the same opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive fall from grace. I'd imagine they're both on large contracts too.

It’s quite strange..he doesn’t seem to be able to display form in different formats during the same season.

He was performing wonderfully in the shield but cannot produce anything in short form cricket.

In other seasons he’s had excellent Big Bash innings whilst struggling in the shield

He's got good hands.

I didn't say he's far superior, they've both been shocking. But he's still got a better average and strike rate but hasn't got near the same opportunity.
Yeah, Maddinson does too. When you have two underperforming bats you should look at overall contribution, and Maddinson's fielding is much better.

The Final isn't going to happen unless they move it, so this is kinda a practice match at this stage.

It’s quite strange..he doesn’t seem to be able to display form in different formats during the same season.

He was performing wonderfully in the shield but cannot produce anything in short form cricket.

In other seasons he’s had excellent Big Bash innings whilst struggling in the shield
Since joining the stars in his 21 innings' he's averaged 11.55 @ a strike rate of 94.75. He's an opening batter (mostly) for gods sake. Enough is enough. * him off already!
Hard to believe only 3 years ago Dunk was the tournament highest run scorer. In his 32 bats for the stars he's averaged 14.62 @ 114.35.

Both need to go and be replaced with a big hitter down the order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back