BBL BBL|09 Game 60 "The Challenger": Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder @ MCG 6th Feb 2020 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find it ironic that the Melbourne locals in these forums are quick to sink the boot in to interstate rivals because of crowds yet they couldn’t even ******* fill 15 ******* percent of their crowd capacity in either of their 2 finals and we don’t hear a peep about it....

They are always quick to revert to how big their Boxing Day test crowds are on opening day to save face even though it would sell out at most other grounds if given the opportunity.

The MCG brigade then ridicule other grounds when they get low crowd numbers even though sometimes it’s because they are hosting on weekdays and not during school holidays. They won’t accept that excuse yet will conveniently use that excuse when it affects their crowds and will also blame weather factors even though they are quick to sink in the boot when it comes to Sydney’s weather.

A wash out on Saturday is the ultimate karma and justice for this entire abomination this competition has become. Go back to an 8 game comp and increase international slots and make it a spectacle again that captivates everyone again

As deplorable as the Heat have been, our loyal fan base who deserve a lot more than what they have put up with this year have still turned up in droves despite some absolutely abysmal collapses.

Meanwhile over on the Green side of Melbourne who topped the table with 3 games to go...

66090d7f7de0e595009cf676dd9bf360.jpg

Loving the salt. Moar please

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Stars were harshly criticized in Melb the week leading up to the win last night, so I think that might account for some of the poor turn-out, and not to mention it was on a school night and ended at like 11 pm. The problem is (as Warnie said) the season is 2 weeks too long, they should've been playing these finals before school returned. Imagine if the Grand final next weekend was played on the Australia Day weekend instead, much better IMO. The BBL needs to reign it in a bit or start earlier.

I can't see the Stars beating the Sixers, with the inclusions of Hazelwood, Smith, & Lyon in that team they've clearly become the best side in the comp talent-wise. Hopefully, it's a good game and the Stars don't choke again.

The Stars were harshly criticized in Melb the week leading up to the win last night, so I think that might account for some of the poor turn-out, and not to mention it was on a school night and ended at like 11 pm. The problem is (as Warnie said) the season is 2 weeks too long, they should've been playing these finals before school returned. Imagine if the Grand final next weekend was played on the Australia Day weekend instead, much better IMO. The BBL needs to reign it in a bit or start earlier.

I can't see the Stars beating the Sixers, with the inclusions of Hazelwood, Smith, & Lyon in that team they've clearly become the best side in the comp talent-wise. Hopefully, it's a good game and the Stars don't choke again.
Are you crazy, Sixers have already won

Nice deflection. 2 home finals against 2 Sydney sides and you can’t even quarter fill your home ground?

Your one of the first to sink the boot into other teams and like to bleat ad nauseum about how Melbourne turn up to sporting events and try to ridicule other crowd numbers for interstate teams despite not having anywhere near the same capacity or infrastructure thus leading to a one sided argument.

The Stars 2 home final crowds were an absolute disgrace no matter how many excuses you pull out to justify it. Even the ******* Gabba would have drawn more for 1 final of the Heat made the finals than the table topping Stars drew crowd wise in 2 finals. Fact

Even South Australians didn’t turn up to their final on a Saturday night because no one gives a s**t anymore!

Also in what fantasy world is the Sydney Thunder a drawcard??? They don’t even draw at home!

Plus Thursday night is not ideal for people who actually play cricket. Who wants to go to a dead rubber in a farce of a competition?

Are you crazy, Sixers have already won
I'm not crazy, because there's still a game to play. Even if you think the Sixers have the moral victory thus far with their recent wins over the Stars, there's still the final to play and nothing you can say will change that. If that makes you feel you need to keep trolling me with your juvenile nonsense, then so be it, but I didn't make the BBL drawer, so take your grievances to those who did. :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy, because there's still a game to play. Even if you think the Sixers have the moral victory thus far with their recent wins over the Stars, there's still the final to play and nothing you can say will change that. If that makes you feel you need to keep trolling me with your juvenile nonsense, then so be it, but I didn't make the BBL drawer, so take your grievances to those who did. :rolleyes:
The weekend is forecast to have between 210 and 350 ml of rain in Sydney over the next 2 days.

The weekend is forecast to have between 210 and 350 ml of rain in Sydney over the next 2 days.
So they kept saying throughout the whole telecast of the Thursday night game, so yeah, I'm aware of it. But that's hardly my problem. I have said clearly above I think the Sixers will win. But a T20 comp that runs from Dec 17th to Feb 11th is just too long. That's the whole problem I've been talking about. I've honestly reached a point where I don't care who wins anymore.

You don't know what a dead rubber is.

A game where it doesn’t matter who won, the season was over. No one remembers who finished 2nd and given there will be no final, the game was for nothing.

Although in fairness, no one remembers who finishes first in the BBL either, has as much relevance as the AFLs pre season competition

A game where it doesn’t matter who won, the season was over. No one remembers who finished 2nd and given there will be no final, the game was for nothing.

Although in fairness, no one remembers who finishes first in the BBL either, has as much relevance as the AFLs pre season competition
This post, vintage Eddie, it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highest rated game of the season, Stars no1 as always

But while attendances for the Melbourne and Adelaide finals were down on their regular season averages (Hobart was close to its average), Thursday night's combined TV audience for the match at the MCG was the highest of the entire season with 1.049 million viewers.

It was horrible when I went to the Ashes. Long line to get in, long line to buy anything, portable toilets.
Ah, you’re talking about the WACA mate. The Furnace was an entirely different beast!

Given the BBL is just a CA cash cow and no one gives a s**t who wins, Stars are no1 in all that matters, making CA money

The old moral victory. I would have thought the leading team in the regular season drawing the biggest audience should go hand in hand anyway. Then again those numbers would have also been boosted by the 87,000 empty seats that ended up watching from home so silver lining and all.

Unless you are a CA administrator, why the * would you care how much money your team made for CA? You sound like an English Premier League fan that follows the big clubs “Our teams net worth is more than your team” yeah cool story bro but I care about what my team does on the pitch not off it. United fans are the worst for it because they don’t have anything on the field to brag about in the last 8-9 years so they go down that route too.

When the BBL suddenly becomes a battle of the wallets and not a battle of bat and ball, then you can celebrate that all you want.

The old moral victory. I would have thought the leading team in the regular season drawing the biggest audience should go hand in hand anyway. Then again those numbers would have also been boosted by the 87,000 empty seats that ended up watching from home so silver lining and all.

Unless you are a CA administrator, why the fu** would you care how much money your team made for CA? You sound like an English Premier League fan that follows the big clubs “Our teams net worth is more than your team” yeah cool story bro but I care about what my team does on the pitch not off it. United fans are the worst for it because they don’t have anything on the field to brag about in the last 8-9 years so they go down that route too.

When the BBL suddenly becomes a battle of the wallets and not a battle of bat and ball, then you can celebrate that all you want.

The BBL has never been anything but about the money! No one gives a s**t who wins, it’s aimed at tv audiences and getting kids to games during the holidays. It’s nothing more than a sideshow and no one remembers what happened by the day after it finishes every year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back