BBL BBL|09 Game 61 “Grand Final”: Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars @ SCG 8th Feb 2020 7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney Sixers (9W 4L 1NR Net Run Rate +0.269)
  • 21. Moises HENRIQUES (c)
  • 77. Sean ABBOTT
  • 33. Jackson BIRD
  • 27. Ben DWARSHUIS
  • 38. Josh HAZLEWOOD
  • 16. Daniel HUGHES
  • 67. Nathan LYON
  • 72. Steve O'KEEFE
  • 22. Josh PHILIPPE (+)
  • 7. Lloyd POPE
  • 14. Jordan SILK
  • 49. Steve SMITH
  • 9. James VINCE

In: Bird, Pope
Out:

Unchanged XIII

Melbourne Stars (10W 4L Net Run Rate +0.526)
  • 32. Glenn MAXWELL (c)
  • 7. Nathan COULTER-NILE
  • 51. Ben DUNK
  • 13. Seb GOTCH (+)
  • 54. Peter HANDSCOMB
  • 23. Clint HINCHLIFFE
  • 12. Jonathan MERLO
  • 36. Nick LARKIN
  • 53. Nic MADDINSON
  • 77. Haris RAUF
  • 16. Marcus STOINIS
  • 17. Daniel WORRALL
  • 63. Adam ZAMPA

In: Dunk, Merlo
Out:

Dilbar HUSSAIN omitted from the XIII

Past Meetings
Game 34 @ MCG
Melbourne Stars 1/219[20] (M.Stoinis 147*[79], H.Cartwright 59[40], T.Curran 1/58[4])
defeated
Sydney Sixers 7/175[20] (B.Dwarshuis 42*[17], M.Henriques 41[25], C.Hinchliffe 3/20[4])
by 44 runs

Game 45 @ SCG
Sydney Sixers 4/143[14] (M.Henriques 72[31], J.Vince 41*[22], S.Lamichhane 2/38[3])
defeated
Melbourne Stars 5/125[14] (M.Stoinis 62[37], H.Cartwright 21[10], B.Dwarshuis 2/20[3], T.Curran 2/23[3])
by 21 runs on DLS Method

Game 58 “The Qualifier” @ MCG
Sydney Sixers 7/142[14] (J.Philippe 34[28], J.Silk 25*[21], A.Zampa 3/21[4])
defeated
Melbourne Stars 99[18] (C.Hinchliffe 25*[25], S.Abbott 3/23[4], J.Hazlewood 2/14[3])
by 43 runs

Weather
LOTS OF RAIN

deep-space-homer12.png

Stars players: "I believe there is still a little something called the swimsuit competition.”
CA representative: “There’s no swimsuit competition.”
Stars players: "You mean we shaved our bikini zones for nothing?”

boombastinac

Cancelled
Feb 4, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
North melbourne
Tipping the sydney sixers because it's at their home ground.
Just wondering what's the weather like up there?
Is it still raining cats and dogs up there?

That Brisbane guy

Senior List
Feb 8, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Embarrassing that they didn't even have a reserve day for this. Probably would've been rained out too, but still a mistake not to have one anyway.

Lynnsanity

All Australian
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If this game rains out, would the Sixers even feel like they even won this competition? Such a flat and anti climatic ending to a competition that has been butchered and over saturated by administration the last couple of years.

Would be such a deserving and fitting ending and it would feel like there is no winner. The way this finals series went they are better off just having 1 vs 2 play in a GF straight after the regular season.

May 2, 2011
MacDonald Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, CDFC, MUFC, Redbacks
In future they should not only have a reserve day (Sunday), but the following weekend (including a Friday night) should be made available even if it means it overlaps with the Sheffield Shield.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Love Moises getting salty at the suggestion that the game may have been moved due to the impending weather conditions tonight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of course he doesn't want the game moved, he knows there is a good chance the Sixers will win the title without having to play a game.

I'd have more respect for him and the Sixers if they said they wanted the game moved because they wanted to win it legitimately than by default.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I don't agree with it being moved to Melbourne but what the * is wrong with postponing it?
Imagine rocking up on Grand Final day and just giving Richmond the cup without a match. Yuck.

gtrxuone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2014
W.A.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Black Ducks
Why we can never complain about rain in our hot dry country. It would be terrible if we have a washout in the BBL Grand Final.
Could play the game in Adelaide or Brisbane with no bat flip.The 6ers can choose what they want to do as the home side.
If we get a full game in tipping a great final.The Stars will come to play against an international standard Sydney 6ers.

why couldnt they move the final to an earlier time today even? give it best chance to get 5 overs per side FFS

and i dont really care who wins

Still wouldn’t have got a game lol

This is funny actually

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Of course he doesn't want the game moved, he knows there is a good chance the Sixers will win the title without having to play a game.

I'd have more respect for him and the Sixers if they said they wanted the game moved because they wanted to win it legitimately than by default.

Should be no winner. I don't see why that isn't an option to be honest. If they celebrate this trophy at all they will become the most hated team in Australian cricket.

Should be no winner. I don't see why that isn't an option to be honest. If they celebrate this trophy at all they will become the most hated team in Australian cricket.

Then don’t lose the Qualifier. All this whinging and yet you could have hosted it had you not been chokers

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Then don’t lose the Qualifier. All this whinging and yet you could have hosted it had you not been chokers

I go for the Renegades...

It's a farcical end to a competition that has a legitimate grand final to decide its champion. The planning was so poor. In a sport where weather can play a massive role it is absolutely ludicrous to not have a back up plan for your most important game of the season.

I go for the Renegades...

It's a farcical end to a competition that has a legitimate grand final to decide its champion. The planning was so poor. In a sport where weather can play a massive role it is absolutely ludicrous to not have a back up plan for your most important game of the season.

Meh what’s your backup plan? Sunday’s weather is even worse. And don’t say play it at the MCG

That Brisbane guy

Senior List
Feb 8, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If this game rains out, would the Sixers even feel like they even won this competition? Such a flat and anti climatic ending to a competition that has been butchered and over saturated by administration the last couple of years.

Would be such a deserving and fitting ending and it would feel like there is no winner. The way this finals series went they are better off just having 1 vs 2 play in a GF straight after the regular season.
I remember reading a CA master plan from a few years ago, and they thought there would be 'unprecedented interest' in the BBL in 2020 due to the world cups this year. The league has become over saturated and sterile. The only way to bring it back to its glory days is to cut the amount of games to 8, increase the amount of internationals and end the season on Australia Day.

We're not as big as India, we can't sustain a 6 week competition while maintaining high levels of interest throughout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back