T20I BBL Changes for 2023-24 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like the ICC want to try to limit foreign players in leagues to 4, won't come in place yet but that could be huge for the BBL and IPL
How? It will only take effect for new leagues and the IPL already limit overseas players in the XI to 4 and in the BBL its 3.

How? It will only take effect for new leagues and the IPL already limit overseas players in the XI to 4 and in the BBL its 3.
You also have to pay home leagues money for taking players

Which the IPL and BBL already do.
Do we? It said it would be new once it's set in place, there goes the idea of buying better players

I dont get the hatred for the "long season" tbh. I used to moan it lost momentum but at the end of the day isnt more televised games better? You dont have to watch them all, but its there if you want it. Make it 20 games!
I'm a big BBL fan and supporter of the future of T20 cricket on this board, but even I found that the games toward the end of the season seem to drag a bit and the season just feels stretched out a bit for what the BBL can offer.

A reduction in games was IMO a necessity to claw back some interest and solve a few problems, might be room for growth in future but a bit of less is more or reduced supply is a good thing for this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back