BBL crowds 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Heat over the Melbourne Renegades at Marvel Stadium tonight by seven wickets with seven balls to spare.
They move on to meet the Sydney Sixers at the SCG on Thursday night, the winner earns a trip to Perth to play the Scorchers in Perth in the final on Saturday night.
Tonight's match drew a paltry 10,699.

Brisbane Heat over the Melbourne Renegades at Marvel Stadium tonight by seven wickets with seven balls to spare.
They move on to meet the Sydney Sixers at the SCG on Thursday night, the winner earns a trip to Perth to play the Scorchers in Perth in the final on Saturday night.
Tonight's match drew a paltry 10,699.
In fairness, a weeknight. I've not gone to a single weeknight game asides from Boxing Day!

Will be terrific to have 60,000 people at a sold out Optus for the BBL final.

Not sure if the figrues have been posted previously but I feel like the Scorchers are definitely the most supported BBL team, WA fans are quite parochial.

Will be terrific to have 60,000 people at a sold out Optus for the BBL final.

Not sure if the figrues have been posted previously but I feel like the Scorchers are definitely the most supported BBL team, WA fans are quite parochial.
Don't think we'll get 60 000 but should get 50 000 I hope.

Supposed to be 39 degrees in Perth on Saturday according to forecast, so stay hydrated.

That’s why it would be great to start at 6 or 7pm as it would be if it was in Sydney.

It’s unfortunate that 60000 supporters of the best supported team must sit in 38 degrees so the non-supporting east coast fans can watch.

Perhaps if we held the final in Melbourne on Boxing Day or Sydney at new years they might turn up.

West Aussies turn up to the scorchers rather than international cricket as it isn’t against crap international teams on crap dates.

Perth’s heat makes it perfect for a day night test in December.

West Aussies turn up to the scorchers rather than international cricket as it isn’t against crap international teams on crap dates.
I've got some bad news about the international quality of the team the Scorchies are about to play in the final.

I've got some bad news about the international quality of the team the Scorchies are about to play in the final.

Good point, but that’s another issue. The poor scheduling of the Big Bash has really impacted the Heat and Sixers. Not such as issue for the Scorchers as not so many big international stars.

The crowd at the SCG tonight was really poor. That said, if I was a Sydneysider I wouldn’t go as there are plenty of other entertainment opportunities and it’s a school night.

As Perth has less entertainment options and Western Australians are so patriotic it’s the talk of the town.

I lived in London for 20 years and you become pampered and entitled as you have so many opportunities. You expect and demand priority dates and times.

That said, Sydney and London entitlement is dwarfed by Melbourne entitlement.

The crowd at the SCG tonight was really poor. That said, if I was a Sydneysider I wouldn’t go as there are plenty of other entertainment opportunities and it’s a school night.

15,852 at the SCG.

Interestingly, on Friday Perth will be hosting game one of the Australian Baseball League Grand Final, between Perth and Adelaide. With game two and game three (if needed) in Adelaide on Saturday and Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point, but that’s another issue. The poor scheduling of the Big Bash has really impacted the Heat and Sixers. Not such as issue for the Scorchers as not so many big international stars.

As Perth has less entertainment options and Western Australians are so patriotic it’s the talk of the town.

I lived in London for 20 years and you become pampered and entitled as you have so many opportunities. You expect and demand priority dates and times.

50k aren’t going to go to watch the Scorchers because there’s nothing else to do FFS.
People here just seem to like the Scorchers,
There’s no negative side story.

More tickets went on sale this morning for the Grand Final. It seems like there are none available for the general public. But might still be some available for members.

Edit: seems like even the members tickets are sold out now too.

Last edited:

So what other entertainment opportunities were there in Sydney last night? Do you think most cricket fans forgo a BBL match to go to the Opera House?

The real problem is Sydney itself, NRL games have 10,000 on a good day. Its just not a good sporting town. Blaming the schedule won't change that.

So what other entertainment opportunities were there in Sydney last night? Do you think most cricket fans forgo a BBL match to go to the Opera House?

The real problem is Sydney itself, NRL games have 10,000 on a good day. Its just not a good sporting town. Blaming the schedule won't change that.
The average NRL crowd in Sydney last year was 16,700.

50k aren’t going to go to watch the Scorchers because there’s nothing else to do FFS.
People here just seem to like the Scorchers,
There’s no negative side story.

I do live in Perth and I love the scorchers. It’s a positive story. The negative story is that Perth doesn’t get better fixtures.

But as someone who has lived in Perth and London- Perth has things to do but not as much as London! Obviously

There must be a myriad of dining, entertainment and other things to do like most large cities.

If it isn’t a sporting town why do they get such great cricket fixtures?

They do turn up for the test but unfortunately it rains.

Let’s change it up for a year and give Perth the Boxing Day test and Brisbane the New Years test.

Interesting to see how the crowds would be. I suspect Perth would fill Boxing Day.

There must be a myriad of dining, entertainment and other things to do like most large cities.

If it isn’t a sporting town why do they get such great cricket fixtures?

They do turn up for the test but unfortunately it rains.

Let’s change it up for a year and give Perth the Boxing Day test and Brisbane the New Years test.

Interesting to see how the crowds would be. I suspect Perth would fill Boxing Day.

So you’d get 60,000 a day to watch the West Indies? You are so full of s**t, before the complaint was the quality of the game, now you’d sell out whoever played as long as it’s Boxing Day and the sun isn’t shining too bright…

So you’d get 60,000 a day to watch the West Indies? You are so full of s**t, before the complaint was the quality of the game, now you’d sell out whoever played as long as it’s Boxing Day and the sun isn’t shining too bright…

You pathetic theatre goers refuse to travel a couple of extra tram stops to attend games at Marvel and still get gifted premium fixtures.

The most pampered, overindulged fanbase in the country. Andrews did the rest of the country a favour by locking you indoors for 18 months.

I never said Perth would fill for any game! I said if Perth got better fixtures at time it may do as well.

Perth had West Indies starting mid week in November. Sydney had South Africa at new years.

Please don’t put words in my mouth and then rudely insult me for them. I’m not full of s**t, you are aggressive, inarticulate and rude sir.

Some people who come on here want polite and reasoned discussion. Disagree with me by all means, my opinion may not be to your taste. But don’t arrogantly shout me down.

Despite no more tickets being available, the radio (6PR) says they only expect a crowd of 52,000 tonight in the 60,000 seat stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back