BBL BBL Match 1, Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars @ the SCG Sun 5 Dec @ 1905 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps I am a little harsh in judging last nights game and T20 cricket.Most of those Stars players are just 1st grade cricketers.They rely to much on Maxwell and when Nevill has to open they are in trouble.Maxwell should have opened the bowling but not sure that would have helped much.

Nevill shouldn’t be in any t20 side. No idea why Cartwright wasn’t opening. Maxwell had a shocker as captain too

The problem with their players is they are too 'top heavy' and reliant on their World Cup winners: Maxwell, Stoinis and Zampa. I look the rest of their squad and you have question their player selection. Is Larkin that good a T20 bat? Nevill is probably is the worst wicket keeper in the Bash. Couch, Elliott and Rainbird aren't the scarest fastest trio going around. Joe Clarke is one of the least recognised English man over here, same too for Pakistani's Faridoun.

Even though the Sixers don't have any international players from my memory that have won World Cups, a guy or two can have an off night and they can still get up.

Nevill was only signed last week as an injury replacement

Any team, bar the sixers and maybe Perth, is going to struggle when they are missing 3-4 players as there is not enough talent to go around for 8 sides.

How the hell can someone look at that Stars squad and be happy with the quick bowling options though is staggering. NCN is always injured, so no surprise there, and Stanlake is poor anyway. Zampa and Stoinis are your big money signings, why are they doubling down with another leg spinner / all rounder and not signing a fast bowler from overseas. Just staggeringly poor management.

Apparently Rauf will be back, if NCN gets fit you have Zampa and Ahmed with Maxwell, Stoinis, Russell and Stanlake it’s not a bad bowling attack.

Apparently Rauf will be back, if NCN gets fit you have Zampa and Ahmed with Maxwell, Stoinis, Russell and Stanlake it’s not a bad bowling attack.
Rauf confirmed back from the 27th onwards

Stanlake out for the year

Apparently one other big name signing this week

Rauf confirmed back from the 27th onwards

Stanlake out for the year

Apparently one other big name signing this week

Dre Russell by all accounts.

Ahmad not coming or are they sending Clarke home? They can't have 4 internationals can they.

I presume the guy they signed off zoom was the replacement player for Ahmad until he was due to get here.

Ahmad not coming or are they sending Clarke home? They can't have 4 internationals can they.

I presume the guy they signed off zoom was the replacement player for Ahmad until he was due to get here.
I think you can have up to six internationals in the squad, but only 3 can play at one time.

or that zoom spanner going home

Clarke didn't play did he so maybe he's not coming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back