BBL BBL Match 21 Adelaide Strikers v Perth Scorchers at the Adelaide Oval 1915 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

a47fc124a1db52a337351ef3c5a6a903.jpg

Strikers could have done worse I guess

About 5 batsmen short in the lineup

haven't bothered to check the stats but the strikers must have the least amount of 6's in the comp. There's really only Salt that can hit them but he's too inconsistent.

The side badly needs a cutting/christian that can come in a belt a few instead of relying on Rashid to fluke a few shots over the rope

haven't bothered to check the stats but the strikers must have the least amount of 6's in the comp. There's really only Salt that can hit them but he's too inconsistent.

The side badly needs a cutting/christian that can come in a belt a few instead of relying on Rashid to fluke a few shots over the rope
Christian will use us as a retirement home soon enough.

Good call, would even take Pollard back and dump Briggs. Need a #6 that can actually clear the ropes because Short and Wells aren’t it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good call, would even take Pollard back and dump Briggs. Need a #6 that can actually clear the ropes because Short and Wells aren’t it.
I mentioned elsewhere that I think Jos Buttler would be a good addition to the strikers lineup if Neser plays.

Weatherald
Salt
Buttler
Carey
Head/Wells
Neser
Rashid
Worrall
Siddle
O'Connor/Conway
Agar
12: O'Connor/Conway
13: Wells/Valente/Nielsen

Target a young batsman (ideally an Oliver Davies type) and you've got a pretty good team.

I mentioned elsewhere that I think Jos Buttler would be a good addition to the strikers lineup if Neser plays.

Weatherald
Salt
Buttler
Carey
Head/Wells
Neser
Rashid
Worrall
Siddle
O'Connor/Conway
Agar
12: O'Connor/Conway
13: Wells/Valente/Nielsen

Target a young batsman (ideally an Oliver Davies type) and you've got a pretty good team.
Way too long a tail. Neser can't bat top 6.

Way too long a tail. Neser can't bat top 6.

Well I've seen him do far more with the bat than Matt Short ever has. If he ever returns this season I'd be happy enough to play 6 bowlers. I'd also like Salt down the order at some point. Also I'd like to see Wells give a go up the order.

Assuming no Head:
Weatherald
Carey
Wells
Renshaw
Salt
Neser
Khan
Briggs
Worrall
Agar
Siddle

Beau Webster is someone I think the Strikers should target next season. He may not be an upgrade on Short but he can't be worse, plus seems good at going from ball one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back