BBL Match 26 Renegades v Stars @Melbourne

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They get pollard for the rest of the tournament the renegades so he will help the batting as that is were the issues will be from here on in. They need hodge back for the next game and i would have him opening with harris. Ludeman is too hit and miss to be opener. White will be more of a loss than finch has literally held every innings together so far this year. They will need to bowl really well for the rest of the tournament as i cant see them chasing anything more than 160 now.

They take White out of the Renegades despite Khawaja being the better player, suss I think. Is Junior still a selector?
Khawaja has a poor ODI record (31.26), selectors looking towards other options. Besides, White has been a gun in the one dayers for Victoria for years

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Let me get this straight the Stats played Boland ahead of this leggie?

Wtf!

A local Sydney boy who even the Sydney sides don’t want...

But no, he wasn’t even on anyone’s list until a couple of days ago so they haven’t been picking anyone ahead of him

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Games are live on TV so a 1million rating is more important than a full house at the ground it seems. Syd/Melb tend to get the best game times to encourage attendances but even so the crowds are only just ok given the city sizes & stadium sizes.

Well tonights crowd was pretty much a full house...

Hamez

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
45k in tonight, a few seats would’ve been lost with the sight screens and stage on level two.

A local Sydney boy who even the Sydney sides don’t want...

But no, he wasn’t even on anyone’s list until a couple of days ago so they haven’t been picking anyone ahead of him

Even Worrall would have been so much better than Boland has been

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
People will only tend to follow one side so therefore you're cutting the possible attendance pool in half. Also, in comparison to the other capitals, there's a lot more happening socially in Melbourne and Sydney. Not everyone will be going to the cricket.

Well that applies everywhere else too. Many people have other things to do. Ease of access to grounds & when the games are on makes a difference too.

However the TV ratings show the popularity of the BBL overall. Live TV against the gate clearly has some effect. None the less, I think the Adelaide crowds show the popularity of the new Adelaide Oval. Hopefully the new Perth Stadium will give a boost to attendances their.

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't see the renegades winning again this season, should have beaten Perth and been chasing top spot, will now most likely miss out on the semis, nabi is better than pollard.

Stars might beat the Sixers and that's about it.

Back