BBL Match 34; Scorchers v Hurricanes @ Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Larry David carrying the drinks tonight?

Likely Whiteman out for Marsh.

When are Richardson and Tye available again?

Bresnan goes straight out but not a certain thing with Kelly and Paris.

Bowlers will be back after the 28th so in time for finals

Likely we may lose a player or two to T20i duties though which runs during the Big Bash finals

Bowlers will be back after the 28th so in time for finals

Likely we may lose a player or two to T20i duties though which runs during the Big Bash finals

Why would they play T20i during the ******* finals.

Yeah Thats downright ridiculous... something something you want the best players playing??

To a degree- but we have a test series to SA that is a LOT more important than a domestic T20. I love the BBL, watch it religiously but if by finishing the series a few days earlier means our players get to SA 2 days earlier, then that is a good idea.

Not really. Most of the time they still call them.

Which is how it should be. If it's missing leg stump by a skerrick it shouldn't be a wide.

But you have to draw the line somewhere

A skerrick isn't a measure in elite sports

If it misses leg stump it is a wide in the short format, end of.

Obviously we have the contentious issue of shoulder high when batsmen duck ever so slightly, but wide down the leg side is black and white

Whatever Perf do it again :thumbsu:

The finals will have no credibility if sides with national players out are picked.

T20I side will probably include Short, Finch, Turner, Tye, Richardson, White, Agar, and possibly Ahmed, Head, Stanlake, all big players for finals/possibly finals bound teams.

To a degree- but we have a test series to SA that is a LOT more important than a domestic T20. I love the BBL, watch it religiously but if by finishing the series a few days earlier means our players get to SA 2 days earlier, then that is a good idea.
Yeah maybe(your def right about the tests in SA ), in this instance it still kinda feels more a commercial decision than anything tho- CA again cramming as much in as possible

Only Adelaide can overtake us on the ladder which means we finish 1st or 2nd.

Edit: Renegades have only played 7 games so they could overtake us on NRR if they win their next three.

Interesting as sports media have maintained all week we’ve got it in the bag if we’d won tonight... but turns out that’s not true! 3 winnables games for Renegades, how was this missed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BBL clearly trumps ODI already, and probably does for the int T20 as well. Atm Intentational duties always trump domestic but I get the feeling one day it will change.

Yeah maybe(your def right about the tests in SA ), in this instance it still kinda feels more a commercial decision than anything tho- CA again cramming as much in as possible

The summer is ready to get back into the Shield season, we need players having some red ball cricket before the tour to SA starts. It isn't ideal that the BBL does suffer, but the best side will win anyway.

The summer is ready to get back into the Shield season, we need players having some red ball cricket before the tour to SA starts. It isn't ideal that the BBL does suffer, but the best side will win anyway.

They could have not scheduled a T20I tri series then.

But you have to draw the line somewhere

A skerrick isn't a measure in elite sports

If it misses leg stump it is a wide in the short format, end of.

Obviously we have the contentious issue of shoulder high when batsmen duck ever so slightly, but wide down the leg side is black and white

Whatever Perf do it again :thumbsu:

There is literally a line outside leg stump on either side for guidance, which they ignore half the time.

There is literally a line outside leg stump on either side for guidance, which they ignore half the time.

I've seen that mark but I've never seen it used.

It's the inconsistency that rubs me up the wrong way. I've seen balls outside leg stump that don't get called because the batsmen moved inside it and I've seen balls that basically go over the top of leg stump but behind the batsman and get called a wide.

Maybe there is something in the playing conditions for T20 but I can't honestly say what constitutes a leg side wide and what doesn't. I think I'm not the only one who should be saying that.

I've seen that mark but I've never seen it used.

It's the inconsistency that rubs me up the wrong way. I've seen balls outside leg stump that don't get called because the batsmen moved inside it and I've seen balls that basically go over the top of leg stump but behind the batsman and get called a wide.

Maybe there is something in the playing conditions for T20 but I can't honestly say what constitutes a leg side wide and what doesn't. I think I'm not the only one who should be saying that.
i heard one of commentators mention something like 'if you move the stumps move with you' but that doesnt make any sense.
what happens then if i bat a foot outside off stump and get bowled? is it a wide?
i honestly have no idea what the rule is and with the inconsistent and generally piss poor standard of umpiring its hard to work it out.

I've seen balls outside leg stump that don't get called because the batsmen moved inside it

definitely my pet peeve. The same with when someone "backs away" and the ball is sent a mile outside off. It seems like if you move its automatically impossible to be a wide.

the over the helmet wide on bouncers you will see literally 3-4 wrong calls every BBL match. Not sure how they keep getting that one wrong.

hmm is that for calling of legside wides? I thought it was simply if it was outside leg it was automatically a wide.

iirc a couple of years back the ball actually nicked the leg stump and was still given a wide!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back