BBL Match 36 Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Renegades 1910hrs @ Adelaide Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide from, Travis Head (c), Wes Agar, Cameron Boyce, Jordan Buckingham (replacement), Alex Carey, Harry Conway, Colin de Grandhomme (overseas), Ryan Gibson, Adam Hose (OS), Henry Hunt, Thomas Kelly, Rashid Khan (OS), Chris Lynn, Ben Manenti, Harry Nielsen, Matt Short, Peter Siddle, Henry Thornton, Jake Weatherald.
Melbourne from, Nic Maddinson (c), Matt Critchley (OS replacement), Zak Evans, Fawad Ahmed (replacement), Aaron Finch, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Martin Guptill (OS), Peter Handscomb, Sam Harper, Marcus Harris, Mackenzie Harvey, Akeal Hosein (OS), Ruwantha Kellapotha (OS replacement), Shaun Marsh, David Moody, Jack Prestwidge, Mujeeb ur Rahman (OS), Kane Richardson, Corey Rocchiccioli, Tom Rogers, Andre Russell (OS), Will Sutherland, Jon Wells.

Interested to see how Head and Carey go. In theory Head should go well

They’re out til Saturdays game. Can’t really blame them, the last thing they’d want to be doing after the test summer is a T20 tonight and a flight to Melbourne tomorrow.

Strikers need a win tonight.

They’re out til Saturdays game. Can’t really blame them, the last thing they’d want to be doing after the test summer is a T20 tonight and a flight to Melbourne tomorrow.

Fair enough shame for the crowd though

Do you know if the test players will be here for the duration of the tournament?

Someone on Fox was saying they might have to leave before the finals.

Do you know if the test players will be here for the duration of the tournament?

Someone on Fox was saying they might have to leave before the finals.

Apparently they are available the whole tournament

Strange.

The first test starts 9th Feb and the BBL finals are early Feb.

It doesn't leave much time.

They aren't leaving for India much before the 1st test. They are doing all their prep in Australia. I don't agree with it but they are.

Strange.

The first test starts 9th Feb and the BBL finals are early Feb.

It doesn't leave much time.
4th Feb GF. Probably fly out the next day

If you're promoting the Aus test players playing BBL then they should be playing all games. What do they need a break for? Both test series weren't hard fought nor did it really go the distance. It surely can't be that taxing.

Agreed. Honestly have no idea why Warner couldn't play in the last Sydney Smash. People will say "oh but the test finished the same day"...it was done by 5pm...that's 2 hours before the game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it may only be for one or two players, but 3 or 4 days is not ideal preparation.

It wouldn't surprise me if CA made them unavailable TBH.

It's probably realistically 2 players (smith and Lyon). Lets be real it should be a Perth vs Sixers final. Don't think the Scorchers have any.

They obviously don’t rate Kellapotha or Rocchiccioli.
Well they just added Kellapotha to replace Mujeeb so not like he could have played before to be fair

Well they just added Kellapotha to replace Mujeeb so not like he could have played before to be fair
Kellapotha’s been in the squad from day 1. They added Fawad and critchley. Kellapotha considered as an overseas player even though he plays for Victoria and Casey SM.

Agar is a certainty and Inglis as backup keeper wouldn't surprise me.

I forgot that no spinner would be there. Inglis maybe, he'd be in my squad but will they fly one in? No idea.

It's probably realistically 2 players (smith and Lyon). Lets be real it should be a Perth vs Sixers final. Don't think the Scorchers have any.
Way too early to be calling the final.

Injuries play a part as well.

I don't rate the Renegades but not much in it between the Thunder, Sixes, Strikers, Scorchers and Hurricanes.

It only takes one or two to get away from you.

Kellapotha’s been in the squad from day 1. They added Fawad and critchley. Kellapotha considered as an overseas player even though he plays for Victoria and Casey SM.
Our new English International signing Matt Critchley, and Ruwantha Kellapotha, have been named in our squad for the first time this season - both as international replacement players.

He couldn't be named as we already had our 3 foreigners, all reports state that he was backup in case all our foreigners weren't avaliable

Way too early to be calling the final.

Injuries play a part as well.

I don't rate the Renegades but not much in it between the Thunder, Sixes, Strikers, Scorchers and Hurricanes.

It only takes one or two to get away from you.

Canes don’t have the bowlers that attack minus Ellis is pathetic

I’d love the Thunder to make it but we’ve lost twice to Adelaide and we’re belted in the Derby and still have to play the Sixers again. Watch us beat Perth on Friday as we have a stupidly good record against you blokes.

No idea on Adelaide depends on Head

Back