BBL Match 38 Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat @ Kardinia Park Thurs 6 Jan 1735 ACDT

Who will win?

• Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, Lehmann made 65? Where was that at the Strikers? Although we never did play him as an opener.

He always went in with a few overs left at Strikers.. I reckon the Stiker stint killed his career he was averaging 50 in Shield and lost all confidence.

They incorrectly put down one of Mujeeb's balls as a wide
Would that be the one where the commentators expected an additional delivery in the over but it didn't come and they spoke as if it was an umpiring error?

Seems that the umpires didn't call the wide, knew how to count to 6 and had things under more control than the commentators did

Would that be the one where the commentators expected an additional delivery in the over but it didn't come and they spoke as if it was an umpiring error?

Seems that the umpires didn't call the wide, knew how to count to 6 and had things under more control than the commentators did

Genuine question as I don't pretend to know everything about cricket. Any reason the umpire makes this signal other than wide? Fox certainly interpreted it as such.

1641463598070.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question as I don't pretend to know everything about cricket. Any reason the umpire makes this signal other than wide? Fox certainly interpreted it as such.

View attachment 1306828
Could be asking the square leg umpire for confirmation based on how he's turning his body. Or it could have been the umpire's error rather than the scorers.

View attachment 1306828

Either be wasn't actually calling a wide or it was missed by the scorers & the umpires forgot as there's only 1 wide attributed to Mujeeb & that's when he was bowling to Finch:

Wide Mujeeb Ur Rahman to Aaron Finch. Off break length ball, to leg on the back foot pulling, Play and Miss (Leg Side) for 1 run, fielded by Pfeffer.

Mujeeb bowled 3 balls to Sutherland, and none were called wide:

Mujeeb Ur Rahman to Will Sutherland. Off break back of a length, outside off stump on the back foot driving, to deep point for 1 run, fielded by Heazlett.

Mujeeb Ur Rahman to Will Sutherland. Off break back of a length, middle stump on the back foot pulling, to fine leg for 3 runs, fielded by Cooper.

Mujeeb Ur Rahman to Will Sutherland. Off break length ball, outside off stump on the back foot pushing, to silly mid off for no runs.

Richo "Sutherland, he's like a comet, good to watch but it was very short"

He's being kind there, I thought he was more like a potato that was terrible to watch.

w6xql5eTiDkleOnM8SiCgl-_rbk_3nZJvxB_iv5E1Gw.jpg

still just a potato

Was the pitch in it's normal orientation tonight? Due to the narrowness of the ground it is normally angled a bit but tonight the pitch seemed to run goal to goal as per the footy setup.

It got switched two or three years ago to run goal to goal, compared with light pole to light pole as it had previously

But I thought the old way was necessary to comply with international standards? (Square boundaries being too short otherwise)
That was my understanding for why the pitch ran light pole to light pole, and having watched a few games of cricket at the ground with that pitch configuration, I found it somewhat disorentating

I'm used to watching football at the ground, and the down the ground perspective - so sitting Ablett Terrace, looking straight down to the Players Stand but having the pitch at an angle was weird

They were able to change the orientation back in 2019:

“I know we’ve maximised the boundaries that we have here,” curator Liam Kirkman said.

“It’s obviously a long field and it’s the square boundaries that everyone talks about and they are short, but we meet the standard and we’ve got ICC approval.

“The boundary is closer to 60m east and west and it’s about 74m north and south.”

For the first time in about a decade, the drop-in pitch will run goalpost to goalpost, making for more favourable conditions for the players and a greater viewing spectacle.

Back