BBL BBL Match 52 Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes at the MCG 1905 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Boost point has been a big win for the competition IMO
We're going to see some shenanigans in the next few days imo. If the scorchers lose against the heat, Sixers play the last game, they will only need the BP to finish 1st, they will chase the BP and not the win, makes a mockery of the whole system, BP should be trashed after this season imo.

We're going to see some shenanigans in the next few days imo. If the scorchers lose against the heat, Sixers play the last game, they will only need the BP to finish 1st, they will chase the BP and not the win, makes a mockery of the whole system, BP should be trashed after this season imo.

It will be the Scorchers fault for not beating a bottom team. Only themselves to blame, not the system

Not if the Scorchers get the BP.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know why the Sixers just didn't go all out for the bonus point after their poor start.

Getting a point would've meant they would be on top and couldn't drop out of the top 2.

I think you will see a few teams take that approach in the last round.

That's two games in a row the Sixers have been dudded by poor umpiring decisions, there is no guarantee that the Sixers would have won either game, but it really takes away from the spectacle when the Umpire make such terrible blunders. The BBL will remain a Mickey Mouse league until CA does something to improve the Umpiring standards and eliminates the howlers.

That's two games in a row the Sixers have been dudded by poor umpiring decisions, there is no guarantee that the Sixers would have won either game, but it really takes away from the spectacle when the Umpire make such terrible blunders. The BBL will remain a Mickey Mouse league until CA does something to improve the Umpiring standards and eliminates the howlers.

Be fair though he was out the over prior anyway though. I can see why it wasn’t given as it was clipping but that’s cricket. You get one you don’t get another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I all honesty I was giving the second one out when I saw it live...could see leg stump.

As far as decisions go this season it was far from the worst

Wasn't what I would call a howler.
But if each team had a review, that gets overturned.

Be fair though he was out the over prior anyway though. I can see why it wasn’t given as it was clipping but that’s cricket. You get one you don’t get another one.
I thought the first one was 50/50 at best, looked too high and the fact that ball tracking suggests it was only clipping the very top of the bail, I was happy with a no call. The second one was terrible.

I all honesty I was giving the second one out when I saw it live...could see leg stump.

As far as decisions go this season it was far from the worst
Thank God you're not an umpire, when i saw it live, I thought it was going down leg side. That said, watching on TV we do get the advantage of seeing where the bowler is releasing the ball in relation to stumps and the angle the ball is travelling, but still I thought that one was pretty obvious.

I thought the first one was 50/50 at best, looked too high and the fact that ball tracking suggests it was only clipping the very top of the bail, I was happy with a no call. The second one was terrible.

It was smashing leg stump the first one. It’s an issue with his technique falls over himself. That ball did nothing.

It was smashing leg stump the first one. It’s an issue with his technique falls over himself. That ball did nothing.
You're idea of "smashing leg stump" leaves a lot to be desired, looking at the image below I would say around 15% of the ball would be clipping the top of leg and the bail.

1611547498621.png

As for his technique, it seems to be a failing of almost ever batter these days.

The first one is the type that everyone bitches about non stop every game day thread when an opposition batsman is given not out and Australia reviews and it stays umpires call!

As for the one he’s given out on, his fault for falling over, the umpire could see leg stump as he moved across after it hit him.

You're idea of "smashing leg stump" leaves a lot to be desired, looking at the image below I would say around 15% of the ball would be clipping the top of leg and the bail.

View attachment 1045680

As for his technique, it seems to be a failing of almost ever batter these days.

Leg stump is cartwheeling on the floor! Sixers have got plenty going their way too. It evens out and the best side always wins anyway.

As for the one he’s given out on, his fault for falling over, the umpire could see leg stump as he moved across after it hit him.
It's a little known quirk of the LBW rule, you're right.

'If the batsman falls over and reveals his leg stump, whether or not the ball will hit the stumps becomes completely irrelevant'

Leg stump is cartwheeling on the floor! Sixers have got plenty going their way too. It evens out and the best side always wins anyway.
More likely moves 6-8 inches and the bails flies a few metres.

Thank God you're not an umpire, when i saw it live, I thought it was going down leg side. That said, watching on TV we do get the advantage of seeing where the bowler is releasing the ball in relation to stumps and the angle the ball is travelling, but still I thought that one was pretty obvious.

well good for you mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back