BBL Match 54 Melbourne Renegades v Adelaide Strikers 1845hrs @ Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Adelaide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Strikers lost 9 out of their last 11 games. There's many in this squad who should not return next season. Head, Hose, CdG, Conway and Dizzy for starters. Siddle could very well retire too (he's bowled ok tonight, but he still should be moved on).
That squad is terrible, the coach is even worse. So many average fielders in a 20/20 side for a start.

What an absolute superstar Finch is, one of Australia’s greatest ever white ball players and still going strong after soo many ‘experts’ wrote him off. He’s been proving the doubters wrong his entire career.

So now if the Hurricanes win the Renegades even get a home final!!!

Although the fact the Heat could get a home final and finish 3rd shows just how terrible this competition really is.
I like how tonight he moved up the crease to take LBW out of the game.
Two great innings by the Aussie t20 Captain.

My long and tortured discussion with chatGPT about the chances of the Strikers making the finals all meaningless now.
I've been waiting to call them the Stinkers, now seems as good a time as any. :)

* off Nielsen, Conway, Gibson

Get better depth in the fast bowling and back in talent like Thornton for longer

Find a replacement for Weatherald

Review whether a change in coach is required after such a long stint
Nielsen batting at 7 and not keeping what is the point?
Cameron Boyce and Ben Manenti, I am fitter than them and I haven’t played for 15 years
If not for Matt Short they would have lost 10 in a row, Gillespie he must be joking if he stays on.

What an absolute superstar Finch is, one of Australia’s greatest ever white ball players and still going strong after soo many ‘experts’ wrote him off. He’s been proving the doubters wrong his entire career.

So now if the Hurricanes win the Renegades even get a home final!!!

Although the fact the Heat could get a home final and finish 3rd shows just how terrible this competition really is.

Both 3rd & 4th get a home final

So while there's a chance for both the Heat & Thunder to win and jump up the ladder (Thunder also needing NRR boost), thinking it's more likely that the Gades will be hosting a final - just a question if it's Friday or Sunday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depth is the major issue once we lose Lynn and Rashid, especially since Head is not the player he once was in this format.
True but they picked those players knowing they were leaving, Travis Head was going at more than a run a ball in the Test Matches and the 50 over internationals and looked like he had never used a cricket bat in the big bash, very bizarre.

The fact that any side lower than the Sixers make it shows enough…

And all the test players are gone after the games tomorrow lol (and we saw how great the Heat went earlier without them)
Luke I was watching the 7 News last night.They said the Internationals could stay to the end of the BBL.
Steve Smith really wants to play the season out with the 6 ers.

Nielsen batting at 7 and not keeping what is the point?
Cameron Boyce and Ben Manenti, I am fitter than them and I haven’t played for 15 years
If not for Matt Short they would have lost 10 in a row, Gillespie he must be joking if he stays on.
Don’t care how fit Boyce is, he’s a good bowler in this format.

True but they picked those players knowing they were leaving, Travis Head was going at more than a run a ball in the Test Matches and the 50 over internationals and looked like he had never used a cricket bat in the big bash, very bizarre.
A run a ball is Head in 5th gear. Being forced to go at 8+ an over is always going to trip him up.

Exactly, but worth picking them again. Head is an odd one, expected him to fire.

Head is pretty hopeless against spin, fat chance of us winning in India with Warner & Head being walking wickets on spinning tracks.

That squad is terrible, the coach is even worse. So many average fielders in a 20/20 side for a start.

I think I even saw Wes Agar fielding in the ring tonight, I mean if that doesn’t sum up the athleticism of this team nothing does.

The bowling attack aren’t just mediocre with ball in hand but they have to be hidden in the field and offer nothing with the stick. I don’t think it can be underestimated how handy bowlers who can whack it around are, think Abbott, J Richardson, Bazley, Dwarshuis even Ellis. You’ll always have a couple of bunnies but the Strikers tail offers zilch.

Head is pretty hopeless against spin, fat chance of us winning in India with Warner & Head being walking wickets on spinning tracks.
4-0 or can we jag a draw?

We will need to barrack for New Zealand to win a test against Sri Lanka to make the WTC at this rate.

Luke I was watching the 7 News last night.They said the Internationals could stay to the end of the BBL.
Steve Smith really wants to play the season out with the 6 ers.

They better not be jeez, they are already cutting the Indian prep ridiculously short. They need to be batting/bowling with the red ball whether that be in the nets or in a practice game.

We will be relying on Smith, Lab (I’m far from sold on him in these conditions), Green, Khawaja and dare ai say it Carey.

They better not be jeez, they are already cutting the Indian prep ridiculously short. They need to be batting/bowling with the red ball whether that be in the nets or in a practice game.
Not sure there's any practice games scheduled

Not sure there's any practice games scheduled

There isn’t but they should be practicing in the nets and what not. I don’t want them practicing slogging over mid wicket

Back