BBL BBL Match 56 Melbourne Starts v Sydney Sixers at the MCG 1930 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you "think differently" when I've proven that the report said they're unavailable?
I'll put my hand up and say the report makes sense and changes my view, not sure why the other report spun it so heavily to imply CV had simply booted them at a private meeting considering it quoted Fox and was presumably citing that longer report.

9cef3f18ec730f32bf1f378be0326216.jpg

Says a lot about the Big Bash if you can remember where the Stars finished each season. Says a lot more about your strange obsession than the Stars.

Does it hurt that you care more about the Stars losing than anyone actually cares about how their team performs in hit and giggle cricket.

This is like an Essendon fan sledging anyone when they finally make the finals again after so long in the wilderness, too funny.

I'll put my hand up and say the report makes sense and changes my view, not sure why the other report spun it so heavily to imply CV had simply booted them at a private meeting considering it quoted Fox and was presumably citing that longer report.
Yeah, they don't really like the current admin staff at CV (not an uncommon position) and will happily spin it that way where they can

Really? Me or the bloke who’s obsessed with another team losing and only pokes his head up after the Stars lose and Heat made their first finals in 4 seasons...
Eddie, c'mon.

Really? Me or the bloke who’s obsessed with another team losing and only pokes his head up after the Stars lose and Heat made their first finals in 4 seasons...

Don’t be like that Edward. I’m here all the time lurking but only post when I need to.

Someone has to keep these forums balanced and put people in their place with facts when they are clearly wrong.

If it helps we will reluctantly reserve you a spot on the Heat bandwagon if you change your mind.

One thing I do agree with you though is the real cricket is the Shield and I care more about that than the BBL and can’t wait until that kicks off again.

Although when you underachieve in the BBL as often as we do (look who I am talking to) you definitely seem to get a more vested interest in it when your team finally shows progress. As much as it’s hit and giggle, it’s hard not to care about it when it takes up a large chunk of the summer domestic calendar and dominates the media so much.

I do hope for his sanity the Heat don’t choke as badly as the Lions last year...

Well seeing Lynn has had his 1 decent score in 10 don’t like their chances lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well seeing Lynn has had his 1 decent score in 10 don’t like their chances lol

This s**t needs to stop because it is so far wrong that it needs to be called out otherwise people just start believing propaganda instead of actually facts and statistics.

Lynn has made the most 50’s of any player in this seasons BBL. He also finished 3rd for most runs despite playing 4 games fewer than Hales and Philippe. He also has the highest average out of players who played more than 10 games bar Mitch Marsh although Marsh’s average was boosted by not outs.

I agree there has been times he has recklessly got out when he was set and we needed him to stick around longer and he didn’t get any of those really big scores, but to completely dismiss his season and claim he only played one good innings is just completely false. If that was the case nearly every batsman had a failure of a season.

Then again these claims were made by the same person (yourself) who complexity dismissed Steketee as a rubbish T20 bowler yet finished 2nd leading wicket taker with 22 wickets behind only Jhye Richardson. He has bowled some rubbish deliveries but you don’t fluke 22 wickets when only one other BBL bowler managed that.

Here’s the stats:

c5a997bcb60634d0b6925bddc6dcd5a9.jpg

1b6c68aec561c20385d4833f5cc2fa42.jpg

Imagine if the Stars import Bairstow played?

Would be a totally different story.

I think Stoinis is very brittle as a player,I get very nervous watching him because he seems to throw his wicket away too many times.

Bairstow would have been a huge inclusion.

I think Stoinis is very brittle as a player,I get very nervous watching him because he seems to throw his wicket away too many times.

A cop out for me. A lot of teams have had imports pull out. Banton pulled out for Heat for instance. Whole squad was poorly put together

Correct me if I’m wrong but when Stoinis made the Australian ODI squad, I don’t ever remember him being a super slow starter. Use to always think he only needed a couple of balls to get his eye in and he could tee off at will.

Last 2 years of BBL, seems like scratches his way to like 10 off 15 or 20 balls before he gets going in most innings. Nothing wrong with that if he ends up with a big innings at a decent strike rate at the end but he seems to be pissing the power plays away.

Correct me if I’m wrong but when Stoinis made the Australian ODI squad, I don’t ever remember him being a super slow starter. Use to always think he only needed a couple of balls to get his eye in and he could tee off at will.

Last 2 years of BBL, seems like scratches his way to like 10 off 15 or 20 balls before he gets going in most innings. Nothing wrong with that if he ends up with a big innings at a decent strike rate at the end but he seems to be pissing the power plays away.

Can’t agree mate. Has always been a very slow starter. Even that record hundred he made he was 10 off 10 or whatever.

Wish the Sixers can win the qualifier and force the SCG final despite all sorts of ridiculous interstate border closures still in place.

Wish the Sixers can win the qualifier and force the SCG final despite all sorts of ridiculous interstate border closures still in place.

They might actually do it for a final seeing there’s no other games to come.

The Renegades lost Tahir & Boyce, most teams missed good players.
Finch missed most of the season too, usually overs 3-20. :'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back